The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Enjoy your trip up here Ray, warm today, clear roads as you have found and Spring is on the way! I'm an hour from Lulea and it definitely feels like winter is over.

Hope you get some great shots!

Mat

pesto

I have just returned from a few days shooting in the Charleston, SC area… not the Arctic but still quite nice. This is among the last few images acquired before my S 70 went belly up. Great system but this is getting old.
Folly Beach Pier: Leica S 006 / ISO 100

Foley Beach Pier.jpg

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Just got back from my second Iceland trip. Didn't do a whole lot of shooting because I was on vacation and with the wife, but still had some fun with the cameras. I spent a couple mornings shooting glacier/iceberg chunks on the beach with the 645z...here are a couple quick edits shot with the 28-45mm and a little stopper. For whatever reason I am fascinated with this beach. Something about the black sand and clear/blue ice chunks is very unique and otherworldly (except for the tourists). Must say the 645z was perfect for rain and wind of Iceland. -Todd
IMGP4914-Edit.jpg
IMGP5041-Edit.jpg

D&A

Wow, those black sand beach images are surreal and beautiful. Almost looks like a combination of a photographic negative combined with IR. Some of the chunks of ice look like uncut blue quartz and jewels. I am only viewing this on my cell phone but look forward to viewing on a large monitor. I too would as be facinated as you were if presented with this landscape. Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
A few of the Terra Nudum series I've been working on. All IQ3 100mp mounted on ceiling remotely triggered. Processing in Capture One 10. Compositing in Photoshop. BIG files at native resolution; over 20k x 20k for most of them. More at https://www.instagram.com/terranudum/

Attachments

Shashin

Just got back from my second Iceland trip. Didn't do a whole lot of shooting because I was on vacation and with the wife, but still had some fun with the cameras. I spent a couple mornings shooting glacier/iceberg chunks on the beach with the 645z...here are a couple quick edits shot with the 28-45mm and a little stopper. For whatever reason I am fascinated with this beach. Something about the black sand and clear/blue ice chunks is very unique and otherworldly (except for the tourists). Must say the 645z was perfect for rain and wind of Iceland. -Todd
View attachment 126103
Todd, that looks like a negative of rocks on a light sand beach. Totally cool. (no pun intended)

Michiel Schierbeek

From the Opale et Albâtre series. Right now I am crowdfunding to publish a book called Opale et Albâtre.
Right now i am at 65% so all goes quiet well.
If anybody would like to contribute by for example buy a copy the book in advance.
You can find all information here: www.voordekunst.nl/projecten/5324
I am even acting in a subtitled promoclip! ;)
The booklaunch will be the 7th of juli in Amsterdam

D&A

Springtime arrival of roadside flowers in Central Va. Changes by the minute as illustrated by these two images.
(Pentax 645Z. DA 25mm f4)

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Tooling around with my new IQ3100 on old Alpa STC with Rodie 40HR. Not quite mastered it yet! Split toned the original.

D&A

Re: Tim's Photograph: Everyone sees something different in a photograph. I laughed when I envisioned and thought I saw a side view of a giant porcupine encrusted mouse sitting in the crux of the tree with it's two legs and feet dangling out towards the right while its head is looking up. The semi circle of shadows represents people angling for a view of this strange creature straight out of a Lewis Carol storybook. Interestingly he was a photographer too! That last fact ties it all up. No, I'm not on any meds but maybe I should be...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Leica S(006), 24 Super Elmar. I can't figure out what's going on in this picture, and I was there. :loco: Some reflections, some inside the store, some through another window (the store is on a street corner). Good luck!

Best,

Matt

tashley

Subscriber Member
Messing around with the new system and trying out the more recherché features.

Focus stack, two head flash lit, F8 and ten frames sent to Helicon. Forgive the deadpan look, this was an exercise... and it looks as if I need to add more frames to the stack.

IQ3100 XF SK Macro 120

and a zoomy look:

Last edited:

vjbelle

Messing around with the new system and trying out the more recherché features.

Focus stack, two head flash lit, F8 and ten frames sent to Helicon. Forgive the deadpan look, this was and exercise... and it looks as if I need to add more frames to the stack.

IQ3100 XF SK Macro 120
Good to see you are exploring and enjoying the XF/3100 combination. The back is marvelous...... I'm sure you have put the lenses through some type of rigorous test routine and its also good to hear that you aren't crying 'foul'.

Happy shooting......

Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.