The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

"Homestead". 2nd Image in a Series of Civil War Battle Field Images in Manassas Va. (End of day sunlight peaking through simultaneously occuring snow squall).
(Pentax 645Z, HD D FA 35mm f3.5)

tashley

Subscriber Member
As I said to Joe in a PM just now, I've turned into a pixel whore. I no longer care if the image has any worth creatively, I am just so in love with zooming in to 100mp files.... and I find that quite interesting because that enormous detail is in itself a creative pleasure. Some of these look incredible zoomed in, and as huge prints would have a certain fascination just for that reason, even though had I shot them on a small sensor camera I'd have flagged them 'reject'...

All IQ3100 on XF with SK120 Macro on Gitzo 3 with a cube.

An English summer (OK late spring) garden today.

Michiel Schierbeek

Well thank you again Quentin. Yours have been valuable posts for me. I have a 645Z, but find myself looking for an additional camera that is smaller without sacrificing too much in quality. I still use a Sigma DP2 occasionally, and as impressive as it is, I find it too limiting. I have seriously considered the Sony, but you and Michiel and others have convinced me about the K-1. Mine is on the way. I may try the Irix before the Pentax 15-30mm to keep the system as compact as possible.

Tom
Hi Tom,I have the IRIX and I must say the lens is quiet big/fat as well.That is the reason I almost never take it with me.
Besides it is somehow quiet hard to focus.
If I did not have the FA 20/2.8 I certainly would give the Samyang 20mm a try.

tsjanik

Hi Tom,I have the IRIX and I must say the lens is quiet big/fat as well.That is the reason I almost never take it with me.
Besides it is somehow quiet hard to focus.
If I did not have the FA 20/2.8 I certainly would give the Samyang 20mm a try.
Michiel

My K-1 arrived yesterday; I must say it's a bit larger and denser than I expected. Thanks for the tip on the Irix; I have a Pentax M 20mm from my LX days and will try that lens first.

Tom

Last edited:

D&A

The repetitive patterns in each of your images Tom are lovely and each pic is quite different too. Texture and spatial arrangement of the elements really enhances each image as well as the contrasting colors. All these elements adds to the impact. Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel

My K-1 arrived yesterday; I must say it's a bit larger and denser than I expected. Thanks for the tip on the Irix; I have a Pentax M 20mm from my LX days and will try that lens first.

Tom
That is a very nice and tiny lens and seems to do rather well on the K-1.

Saint-Valery-en-Caux
Pentax 645ZA 35

photo-bowman

I would love to share with you one of my early middle format shots.

Comments are welcome!

Hasselblad 500c/m with CFV-50c back and the CF80 lens

B0000336a.jpg

etrump

Alder and evergreen trees in mist over Fairy Lake in Port Renfrew, BC. This was the backdrop for my previous shot of that small tree in the water.

XF/3100/300mm/f16:

alder-and-evergreen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.