The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan

Fuji G617, Fuji 160NS:
Your shots look so clean. It is a matter of quality negative processing, post-process or perhaps a combination of both? One of my frustrations is that in my part of the world reliable labs are harder and harder to be found.

D

Deleted member 7792

Tremont area of Great Smoky Mountains National Park on a day when there was very little, if any, leaf movement (40 sec. exposure).

X1D with XCD 45mm:

After a thunderstorm, Hyatt's Lane in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

X1D with XCD 90mm:

Joe

gcap

Your shots look so clean. It is a matter of quality negative processing, post-process or perhaps a combination of both? One of my frustrations is that in my part of the world reliable labs are harder and harder to be found.
Hi Jan,

I'm in the habit to scan my film in high resolution as hard disc space is cheap these days. Imagine that the resolution you see in Flickr if you magnify the pic is 1/10th of the original scanned image. Actually I process my negatives at a shop which is the cheapest in Athens. They do an OK job most of the times. So the result you see is probably a combination of post processing and large scan size.

Giovanni

M

mjr

Evening

Squarely in the "fun with" vein, stark contrast to the lovely landscapes posted above, a day of wandering about yesterday with the family, I'm definitely not a "street" photographer so just some random shots. Really liking the GFX for this stuff, the tilting screen really is fantastic, never used one before.

Spring is coming, perfect time to get out for some fresh air and to see the sites, either that or smoke a cigarette and stare at your phone!

Playing around on the waterfront in Lulea

A couple of quick portraits too..

Jan

Hi Jan,

I'm in the habit to scan my film in high resolution as hard disc space is cheap these days. Imagine that the resolution you see in Flickr if you magnify the pic is 1/10th of the original scanned image. Actually I process my negatives at a shop which is the cheapest in Athens. They do an OK job most of the times. So the result you see is probably a combination of post processing and large scan size.

Giovanni
Most helpful! Any details you could share on scanning? I.e. are you making use of additional tools such as from betterscanning.com?

My home town! Now I miss my mom and dad :(

Evening

Squarely in the "fun with" vein, stark contrast to the lovely landscapes posted above, a day of wandering about yesterday with the family, I'm definitely not a "street" photographer so just some random shots. Really liking the GFX for this stuff, the tilting screen really is fantastic, never used one before.

Spring is coming, perfect time to get out for some fresh air and to see the sites, either that or smoke a cigarette and stare at your phone!

Playing around on the waterfront in Lulea

A couple of quick portraits too..

Quentin_Bargate

It was carnival time in Georgetown, Grand Cayman last Saturday. These shots were taken with the GFX and 32-64mm lens at ISOs ranging from 400 to 3200.

D

Deleted member 7792

One of the first pictures I have seen that shows the potential of this camera ... extraordinary ... should
be hanging on a big wall!

Bob
Bob, thank you very much. That's very kind and I am in the process of printing that image for our home.

Here's another from the GSMNP. Lone tree, Cades Cove loop road, storm approaching.

X1D with XCD 90mm:

I've photographed this tree in almost every season in varying weather conditions. This is perhaps the most ominous.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

gcap

Most helpful! Any details you could share on scanning? I.e. are you making use of additional tools such as from betterscanning.com?
Nothing fanciful. I use a V700 with original holders (two of them) and Epson scan as s/w. I just leave the negatives pressed overnight to avoid curl. Color is often challenging when dealing with negs and I use several techniques to get the results I like such as using an "easy" neg as a guide to duplicate and transfer settings. Fuji 160NS, the film I use almost exclusively, is very nice and gives slide like results and quite easily most of the times.

tashley

Subscriber Member
I've been in Spain for a few days with the X1D. Here's a scattering of shots, mostly with the 30mm and some with the 90mm, taken with this amazing, frustrating, unusual camera... please excuse WB etc, I'm travelling with a craptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.