The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

This is beatiful, Did you have the lens shade with you? was it not enought?

Best regards,
Thanks for the feedback. I always use the lens shade, the sun was straight in front of me and was still getting into the lens. I waited for the sun to just clear the top of the tree to make this work. I saw the light hitting the tree the day before and thought it looked interesting and decided to shoot it. My wife reached in front of me with the umbrella. She has done this before for me, so she was experienced on where to stand and hold the umbrella.

This image was taken with the Phase One XF IQ3 100 Schneider 150mm lens f 3.5.

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning!

Something a little different, after a lot of work I have been able to get access to the indigenous Sami people living around me in the North of Sweden, a really fascinating opportunity to document real life for these people, many of them still live a traditional life of herding reindeer. I am following them over the next year, recording a family with 2 sons as they grow up in a modern society, living an ancient way of life.

A couple of shots from rounding up their herd from the winter grounds before moving them to the mountains for the summer.

dave.gt

Morning!

Something a little different, after a lot of work I have been able to get access to the indigenous Sami people living around me in the North of Sweden, a really fascinating opportunity to document real life for these people, many of them still live a traditional life of herding reindeer. I am following them over the next year, recording a family with 2 sons as they grow up in a modern society, living an ancient way of life.

A couple of shots from rounding up their herd from the winter grounds before moving them to the mountains for the summer.

Wow, Mat, how cool is that project? I never think of herding reindeer as a way of life and it is a wonderful thing being reminded of such this early in the morning. Looking forward to seeing more.:)

M

mjr

Thanks Dave, very kind of you, it is indeed an amazing project, taken quite some work to get it sorted! To their credit, they are allowing me complete access to record life as it is, nothing set up or staged. For an outsider like me it's an amazing thing to see, the respect and relationship they have with the reindeer is incredible.

Here's one more, father teaching son how they mark the ears of the reindeer calves to show who own them, not often shown. All families have their own series of marks, handed down through generations and done the way it has always been done.

dave.gt

Thanks Dave, very kind of you, it is indeed an amazing project, taken quite some work to get it sorted! To their credit, they are allowing me complete access to record life as it is, nothing set up or staged. For an outsider like me it's an amazing thing to see, the respect and relationship they have with the reindeer is incredible.

Here's one more, father teaching son how they mark the ears of the reindeer calves to show who own them, not often shown. All families have their own series of marks, handed down through generations and done the way it has always been done.
A way of life that must be preserved, IMO. It is my sincere wish for you that you will complete this meaningful project and share with us along the way. It is a good thing, the right thing to do.:thumbup:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I like that I can use the S as a street camera. S(006) and 24 Super Elmar:

Best,

Matt

PS. I left the verticals and horizontals non-parallel deliberately. Edgy! :)

Last edited:

vieri

Distant storm, Badwater

I love Badwater in Death Valley: it's an extraordinary location, its landscapes are ever changing and with a sunset storm the light there becomes really magic.

Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

Summer approaches: Fuji GFX 50s, Canon 24mm TS-E, F/11, marginal tilt, with Cambo CA-GFX adapter.

Not architecure - that's coming soon. In the meantime, used as an ultra wide on the GFX equiv. to about 19mm on 35mm full frame format

Status
Not open for further replies.