The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterA

[URL="

One of my first snaps with XID & 45mm - the blackout is disconcerting but the IQ is just amazing - will be making use of the DR for colour work in Street shooting for sure...

Last edited:
V

Vivek

One of my first snaps with XID & 45mm - the blackout is disconcerting but the IQ is just amazing - will be making use of the DR for colour work in Stgreet shooting for sure...
Would be a problem to get close to the subjects?

M

mjr

Morning

A quick shot from last night, we've gone from cold and dark to pretty much light 24hrs in what seems like a few weeks! This from just after midnight last night, this glow in the sky lasts for hours and at this time of year there is lots of mist rising from the standing water between the trees, nice.

PeterA

Don't think it is any different to any other camera tbh - the only 'issue' is ( relatively) clunky/searching autofocus - so manual focus for snaps.if you are in a hurry...also 50 meg allows for a lot of 'cheating' regarding crops - this one is full frmae - except for some minor straightening...check out the DR ...just awesome on a coudy day with flat boring mid morning light

[URL="

D

Deleted member 7792

One of my first snaps with XID & 45mm - the blackout is disconcerting but the IQ is just amazing - will be making use of the DR for colour work in Street shooting for sure...
Peter, I think Vivek was pulling your leg. :D Vivek's street shooting is more up close and personal.

Joe

M

mjr

Here's some proper fun! The kid is getting to the age where she wants to experiment with makeup, she was dressing up and had a drink of milk, thought it was very funny when she had a milk moustache so gave her the milk in a wine glass and she added the glasses and hat! Just lit by the last sun through the living room window.

ejpeiker

I was hiking with my gear to The Grotto in Western Australia's Kimberley region and as I was approaching the area where the trail drops down into the canyon I looked down and saw this wonderful texture in the rocks about 20 feet below me... XF-IQ3100, SK 120mm LS Macro, ISO 100, f/8, 1s

AUS_Grotto01.jpg

dave.gt

I was hiking with my gear to The Grotto in Western Australia's Kimberley region and as I was approaching the area where the trail drops down into the canyon I looked down and saw this wonderful texture in the rocks about 20 feet below me... XF-IQ3100, SK 120mm LS Macro, ISO 100, f/8, 1s

View attachment 127182
EJ, that is just beautiful, can't stop looking at it. Well done!:)

PeterA

It was a serious Q, Joe. I will probably be looking at the 2nd gen Fuji or Hassy.

Peter, Thanks for the answer. :)
Vivek - it isnt a camera I would use for quiet /fast snaps, hipshots etc...but you alerady knew that.
However if you like the idea of 50 megs in a small package which allows for a range of shots as you walk around and you actually have use for the 50M pixels for larger prints then either the Fuji or Hasselblad are good choices - much bette than any mirror box set up and assocxiated larger form factors.

Mr.Gale

After all the hype about the Dogwoods in Yosemite I decided to make a quick trip there. My wife Paula thought I was nuts for going because we had just got home from China less than 24 hours before. I only stayed for two nights because the massive road construction and the number of people made it difficult to get around.
This image I took along the Merced river. The water glowed from a reflection of the setting sun off the surrounding granite walls.

May 18, 2017 - Hasselblad H4D 50CCD, 50-110 @ 55mm.

M

mjr

Afternoon!

What's everyone looking at?! Another shot from my ongoing Sami project, reindeer being sorted for their move to the mountains.

Paul2660

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UwQLgd]No2 Trees on the face of half dome crop by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/V4tXU5]Tree on the face of half dome crop by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/URL]

Two crops, from original shot of the early morning light on Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, IQ3100, and 240LS, and ES shutter. ISO 50. The files are truly wonderful to work with and the 240LS is an excellent lens. These crops are from less then 1/2 of the original shot. This single ledge with full grown pines on it has always fascinated me.

Paul Caldwell

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: Distant storm, Badwater

I love Badwater in Death Valley: it's an extraordinary location, its landscapes are ever changing and with a sunset storm the light there becomes really magic.

Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Damn ... one word. Awesome!!

I've shot this scene many many times but that's a great shot.

Jan

Nice photo, but the northernmost state of Malaysia would be Sabah, wouldn't it?
Thanks, in regard to your question, nope, it is Perlis (bordering with Thailand).

Sabah is in fact one of the most southern states. Malaysia is cut up in two part, peninsular West Malaysia which can be found between Thailand and Singapore, and East Malaysia which consists of Sarawak and Sabah, sharing land with Indonesia (Borneo) and Brunei (in between Sabah and Sarawak).

Kuala Lumpur, on the peninsular, is the capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.