The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

3 frame stitched panorama from the top of Steptoe Butte in southeastern Washington's Palouse area - XF-IQ3100, SK 75-150mm BR @ 150mm x 3 vertical frames, ISO 100, f/8, 1/25s

Wind chill factor was 27 degrees F in the middle of June up here - Brrrr for this Arizona boy...

View attachment 127701
Superb image! Love it.

I wonder if I might make a small suggestion: how would it look if you slightly reduced the yellow in the greens? You could try tweaking the yellow/blue WB overall, or just altering the greens... I feel it might just work better. But very much personal taste and does nothing to diminish a first-rate and beautiful image.

ejpeiker

Superb image! Love it.

I wonder if I might make a small suggestion: how would it look if you slightly reduced the yellow in the greens? You could try tweaking the yellow/blue WB overall, or just altering the greens... I feel it might just work better. But very much personal taste and does nothing to diminish a first-rate and beautiful image.
Thanks for the suggestion - since this was taken within a half hour of sunrise, the light was very warm and personally, since I was there and experienced it that way, I would prefer the warm tones. Of course everyone has their own tastes :)

Jacob CHP

I'm going to revisit this piece of wood, so let us call it a snail for now

Mamiya 90/1.9 @5.6, P645AF, P45+

Last edited:

dave.gt

Omberg Nature Reserve

903SWC, CFV50C

Ray

Wow, very nice! Oddly, it reminds me of a vision stuck in my head from several months ago. My sister and I went on an adventure to find Elmore and Myrtis (our grandparents), after seven decades, and their old farm which had a grist mill. We found them and the farm which was only accessible a mile off the main road via a similar "trail", or a "road". I wish I had a great photo of their woodland like this.

This is a really great image, mysterious and full of anticipation, and it reminds me of the Little Red Riding Hood tale...:thumbup:

D&A

"Rise & Shine" Early morning on Sparks Lane in Cades Cove; Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
(Pentax 645D, FA 45-85mm)

D&A

Nice, Dave, I know that tree well! Cade's Cove has been my favorite since 1963!:thumbup:
Wow, 1963...you know it well! It was my 1st time there and there are lots ways to capture that scene. Almost posted the wider view (with different aspect ratio) that I thought was probably more effective but in the end, held off posting it. Its a dilemma we all come across when photographing.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

DB5

Superb image! Love it.

It always strikes me as odd that someone tells someone else how to change their photos.

D&A

It always strikes me as odd that someone tells someone else how to change their photos.
I cannot speak for anyone else but I truly welcome suggestions on how an image of mine can be improved...whether in the actual approach of capturing a subject, or in post processing it. I know I've become a better photographer because of this input. In photography, the critiquing process is a time honored tradition and whatever level one is as a photograher or in their post processing skills, all can benifit from the opinions of others, especially when well intentioned.

Yes, imagery and its capture is very subjective, but often enough no two people see a picture quite the same.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Grayhand

Wow, very nice! Oddly, it reminds me of a vision stuck in my head from several months ago. My sister and I went on an adventure to find Elmore and Myrtis (our grandparents), after seven decades, and their old farm which had a grist mill. We found them and the farm which was only accessible a mile off the main road via a similar "trail", or a "road". I wish I had a great photo of their woodland like this.

This is a really great image, mysterious and full of anticipation, and it reminds me of the Little Red Riding Hood tale...:thumbup:
Thank you Dave!

I'm happy when my pictures are developing this kind of emotion!
Because I often choose my composition out of a "gut feeling" that the composition may have an undercurrent of different emotions.
Then the viewer can "interact" with a specific photo from a personal point of view that I do not know about, but can still fully understand when it is told.

And in the case of Little Red Riding Hood, today we have a lot of wolves in the woods, so..

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hesitate to post amongst all these amazing photos ...

Just received a X1D ... year after getting on my dealer's list.

No grand landscapes ... just a bit in break amidst a major rain storm ... lost one of my routers last night ... disconnected all the computer / stereo / tv stuff
but must have been a bit late.

So the following pictures are from local area while I tried to recover from the losses.

X1D 4116

Thanks,

Bob

vieri

More sunrises: Playa de Gueirua, Asturias

After the vertical one taken with the Leica SL I posted a while ago, one more Sunrise at Playa de Gueirua in the Asturias (Spain), this time in landscape format and with a slightly longer lens (28mm FOV instead of 15mm). Playa de Gueirua is really amazing with the right sky and definitely worth the descent (and ascent back up!).

This time is Leica S (Typ 007) and Leica Summarit-S 35mm. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

rayyen

黃龍石澗
Hasselblad X1D
Hasselblad XCD45mm
f11, 0.3s, iso100

黃龍石澗
Hasselblad X1D
Hasselblad XCD45mm
f16, 2s, iso100

rayyen

黃龍石澗
Hasselblad X1D
Hasselblad XCD45mm
f11, 0.3s, iso100

黃龍石澗
Hasselblad X1D
Hasselblad XCD45mm
f11, 0.3s, iso100

黃龍石澗
Hasselblad X1D
Hasselblad XCD90mm
f5.6, 1/750, iso800

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bob, that is great! Handholding, I presume... looks great!:thumbup:
I honestly do little handheld ... with most cameras I use a monopod. Here the last was handheld ... the others
on a tripod. With the Gitzo and other CF tripods the weight we carry to me is worth the return in successful captures
and the ability to shoot at or near base iso.

Nice not to worry about mirror-up and shutter vibration with the leaf shutters.

Regards and thanks for the kind comments.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.