The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Thx's Dave.

Original file size is 565 MB, had to reduce the size to get it up to Flickr. Could probably be printed very large with incredible detail but i can only print to A2 (E 3880) :)

Cheers

Werner

drevil

Staff member

architecture of shenzhen bao'an airport, during my wait for my flight back to beijing, which was eventually canceled, so i decided to fly back on sunday and spent the weekend in HK

Ping'an Tower in Shenzhen, it was a very rainy and cloudy day and i think the heat dissipating from the air condition exhausts caused even more clouds around it, which made it look like on fire.

Hong Kong in Sai Ying Pun district, only a glimpse of the real density of this city.

all on contax 645 and iq180

tsjanik

Exciting day for a non-professional like me. The July issue of Outdoor Photographer arrived in the mail today with the photo below on the last page. 645Z, 600mm A*.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

dave.gt

Exciting day for a non-professional like me. The July issue of Outdoor Photographer arrived in the mail today with the photo below on the last page. 645Z, 600mm A*.

Tom

Congratulations Tom!!!:):):)

That is a neat image and I can say I have never seen one quite like that. Well done!

D&A

A big congrats Tom and well deserved. Looking forward to seeing the actual issue. At times I often feel lugging the 600mm f5.6 is worth it for shots that normally might not be captured otherwise, although I feel hiring a sherpa might allow its more frequent use. :) Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)

jduncan

黃龍石澗
Hasselblad X1D
Hasselblad XCD45mm
f11, 0.3s, iso100

黃龍石澗
Hasselblad X1D
Hasselblad XCD45mm
f16, 2s, iso100
I like both, but the first one appears to be a very good balance. Now, in almost all photos, the water look like the second one. Still great composition, but the first one talks about a diferent stetick: you can see movement, but it's clearly water.

Great work.

tsjanik

A big congrats Tom and well deserved. Looking forward to seeing the actual issue. At times I often feel lugging the 600mm f5.6 is worth it for shots that normally might not be captured otherwise, although I feel hiring a sherpa might allow its more frequent use. :) Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave. You helped me get that 600mm, remember? Shot was at the end of my driveway, so not much lugging.

D

Deleted member 7792

Artist (granddaughter) at work. Managed to get the eyelashes and pen in the same focal plane.

Framed with the new version (v1.0.0) of my FrameShop script.

Joe

stngoldberg

Boat to be restored by IYRS in Newport RI

Stanley

International Yacht Restoration School
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IYRS School of Technology & Trades (known as IYRS, from its previous name of the International Yacht Restoration School) is a private nonprofit school with campuses on Thames Street in Newport, Rhode Island as well as in Bristol, Rhode Island. IYRS focuses on training highly skilled craftspeople and technicians for careers in a wide range of industries.

Currently programs are offered in Composites Technology, Boatbuilding & Restoration, and Marine Systems.[1] The school is planning to introduce additional programs based on the same model. IYRS programs focus on making, building, restoring, and maintaining, using both traditional and modern materials from wood to composites and carbon fiber. Programs are accredited by the ACCSC and qualified applicants are eligible for federal financial aid and veterans' benefits for post-secondary education.

In 1993, the marine artist John Mecray and Elizabeth Meyer, who restored the J-Class yacht Endeavor, and several others founded the school on a 2.5 acre property on the Newport waterfront. Today, the school owns several large buildings, including the 1831 stone Newport Steam Factory building listed on the National Register of Historical Places. From 1995 to 2006 major restoration work on the Coronet took place at the school.

D

Deleted member 7792

Yep, hand-held with the X1D at 1/10 sec. Pretty much straight out of the camera except for WB correction using the gray t-shirt.

Joe

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I think that the rumor that XCD lenses are not sharp might be a bit less than accurate.

X1D-50C 4116

Thanks,

Bob

dave.gt

Looks sharp to me, Bob!:)

Hmmm, I just noticed that I am always drawn to photos of trees... Especially single trees. I must explore this new discovery in depth, maybe a summer day trip to the Smokies. Thanks to Bob and Joe, I may just pack the wicker picnic basket in a couple of weeks and head north to God's country!:thumbup:

I think that the rumor that XCD lenses are not sharp might be a bit less than accurate.

X1D-50C 4116

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Got out for an hour or so this morning ...

Here are a few from the X1D ... as I work with them in Phocus/LR/PS I realize just how good this imaging system can be.

X1D 4116

Thanks,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.