The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Couple of pictures from this morning ... these are with Joe Colson's new Frameshop ... love it!

X1D 4116

Thanks,

Bob

PSon

Nice One. Camera and lens used please.
Louis, this was taken with the Fuji GFX-50s + Leica Noctilux-M 50mm F1.0 lens. The combination of a single main light source from a distance door and the small IC from the Leica Noctilux-M 50mm F1.0 created this look.

Last edited:

PSon

Spring trees from my shoot in California.

Steven
When I looked at this lovely and peaceful photo it reminded me a song called Stairway to Heaven. The top left tree needs to get in line to make it to the Tree Stairway to Heaven.

D&A

"The Winds of War". (A line drawn in the sand to protect the Homestead). 3rd Image in a Series of Civil War Battle Field Images. Manassas Va. (End of day sunlight peaking through simultaneously occuring snow squall).
(Pentax 645Z, HD D FA 35mm f3.5)

Last edited:

dave.gt

"The Winds of War". 3rd Image in a Series of Civil War Battle Field Images. Manassas Va. (End of day sunlight peaking through simultaneously occuring snow squall).
Wow, talk about taking one back in time with the light and snow on the ground... I can almost feel the misery of war from a terrible time. Great image!:)

D&A

Thank you Dave. Your comments are always greatly appreciated. Unfortunately the misery of war is something not restricted to either a particular time or place. Although maintaining related historical references and artifacts are important, I hope one day in the future its preservation is simply a reminder of the lessons that we all can learn from. That would be my wish. As an aside, the two earlier images I posted of this particular battlefield a month or two ago, better illustrates the unusual and rarely seen weather occurrence of that late afternoon.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

algrove

"The Winds of War". (A line drawn in the sand to protect the Homestead). 3rd Image in a Series of Civil War Battle Field Images. Manassas Va. (End of day sunlight peaking through simultaneously occuring snow squall).
Wow, Dave. That's what I'm talkin' about!, except in warmer weather and soldiers in uniform. Well done, well done.

Last edited:

D&A

Lou your post and words are very heartwarming and mean a lot to me, thank you very much. Yes its an amazing sight to watch Civil War Encampment and reenactments and although the thought of it taking place in cold snowy weather is chilling, it does add an interesting and realistic dimension as often depicted in many historic civil war paintings. What they endured during the harsh winters is hard to fathom.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

PSon

Thank you Dave. Your comments are always greatly appreciated. Unfortunately the misery of war is something not restricted to either a particular time or place. Although maintaining related historical references and artifacts are important, I hope one day in the future its preservation is simply a reminder of the lessons that we all can learn from. That would be my wish. As an aside, the two earlier images I posted of this particular battlefield a month or two ago, better illustrates the unusual and rarely seen weather occurrence of that late afternoon.

Dave (D&A)

On this finest beautiful day, "Joseph will fight no more."

docmoore

A few from the X1D ...

Very ugly hot day in Texas .... but found a bit of color to make it a worthwhile trip.

Hasselblad X1D 4116

Regards,

Bob

dave.gt

A few from the X1D ...

Very ugly hot day in Texas .... but found a bit of color to make it a worthwhile trip.

Hasselblad X1D 4116

Regards,

Bob
Nice and clean images, Bob. You found the right colors...Red, white and blue in all three, just in time for the 4th of July holiday!:thumbup:

Maybe one day I will have an X1D, I love the style, the size, the form... a future classic.

docmoore

Dave

I showed up a couple of hours prior to opening and was there as the flag was being raised. Thought I might find a
few images that evoked a sense of the 4th.

I do appreciate the size and weight ... and the sensor is stellar. Just a few small teething issues that should resolve
with a bit of programming ... and if not it still works for me.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Been all over this planet ... working in medical relief missions ... and the reality is that I have been blessed by birth
to live in the most secure, stable, and progressive country in the world. I realize that it came at a very high cost ...
one that others today seem unable to fathom and are unwilling to pay. I daily thank God for my heritage and the
responsibility that comes with the blessing.

As a child I thought the 4th was a bit over the top ... reassessing it in light of todays world I wonder if we do not
emphasize it enough.

Regards,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.