The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchew

cccClearing storm over Mt Whitney near Lone Pine California by paul caldwell, on Flickr

Sunset through a clearing Storm over Mt. Whitney in California. Phase One IQ3100 and 75-150 lens.

Paul Caldwell
Hey Paul,
Wonderful image. I think over on Lula you said this was a blend of exposures. Is this both an exposure blend AND a focus stack? Or were you able to find a plane of focus with enough depth of field?

I am headed there in early October so you are fueling my excitement!

Dave

P. Chong

Ah the Maguro bōchō (鮪包丁...more like a sword for slicing up big tuna. Nice pic. I photographed one in use when we were allowed to wander into the chilled tuna auctions years ago...

Tsukiji is an amazing place. But this is a knife...;)

Paul2660

Hey Paul,
Wonderful image. I think over on Lula you said this was a blend of exposures. Is this both an exposure blend AND a focus stack? Or were you able to find a plane of focus with enough depth of field?

I am headed there in early October so you are fueling my excitement!

Dave
Hi Dave. Thanks for the kind words.

I was able to keep the plane of focus with one setting. I still manually focus the XF with Live View as I often can get a better solution with a good hyperfocal range even with the 75-150. I did push the aperture to F16 and 14 but the loss in details was nominal with C1.

Great area to shoot. No crowds and plenty of space.

Paul Caldwell

stevenfr

Only 10 weeks until autumn and aspen photography. I have a busy autumn booked with 2 workshops to teach and my own shooting on both the east and west coast forests.

Steven

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Dave,

The fun is in the sensor and lens combination. Stunning DR and such a small form factor.

I continue to be encouraged by the output from Phocus ... the highlight recovery and clarity
is stellar.

Reality is that when I have a new camera I run hard and fast as I try to discern the limits of the
system and hardware. Whole lot of anxiety at the moment with owners who have early hardware.
When that is settled I think that the camera will be a viable option for those who want a small, relatively
light camera that has decent imagining, acceptable haptics and lenses that may not have mojo ... but still
are able to deliver a gorgeous image.

Would have preferred to start this in the fall ... I am very green adverse ... like my trees to be without leaves
and the background to look other than a golf channel advert.

But yes ... took a serious risk ... gave up my Monochrom ... lenses and my main video box ... 5D Mk IV.

I will begin to show less and less as time goes by ... but would encourage anyone on the ledge ... go ahead
the water (camera firmware and software) is fine ....

Regards,

Bob

Craig Stocks

I love the tools in the XF. In this case the intervalometer for taking 52 consecutive 60 second exposures. The star trails were then created by stacking in Photoshop. The large wind turbine in the center was composited from another frame since I couldn't get close enough with a view to the north.

Ed Hurst

I love the tools in the XF. In this case the intervalometer for taking 52 consecutive 60 second exposures. The star trails were then created by stacking in Photoshop. The large wind turbine in the center was composited from another frame since I couldn't get close enough with a view to the north.
Nice shot, Craig!

Ed

dave.gt

Nice shot, Craig!

Ed
Wow! Rapid postings of amazing images and I am preparing for a morning venue walk through! Beautiful, simply beautiful, keep them coming as I will have to catch up later in 12 hours or so. Thanks to all!:)

Last edited:

D&A

"Let Freedom Ring" 4th of July fireworks over Lincoln Memorial & Washington Monument; Washington D.C.
(Pentax 645Z, FA 45-85mm)

D&A

Fireworks along the Potomac River above the Arlington Memorial Bridge & Lincoln Memorial; Washington D.C.
(Fireworks a bit more subdued this year than usual)

D

Deleted member 7792

"Let Freedom Ring" 4th of July fireworks over Lincoln Memorial & Washington Monument; Washington D.C.
That's the real deal, Dave! Wonderful photograph. :thumbup:

I watched on TV and need to come up and join you for July 4 one of these days. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

D&A

Words of encouragement from you Joe is always high praise indeed and greatly appreciated. You know you always have an open invitation anytime and its an honor to shoot along side of you.

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.