The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning

Second wander about with this 110mm lens on the GFX, crappy weather so decided to look for more intimate landscapes. Added a little stopper for this, just so I could separate the small tree from the background and maintain enough shutter to get a little motion in the water. Just a quick shot but I quite like it.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This camera challenges my long held bias for CCD.

The DR of this sensor is stunning.

X1D 4116

Regards,

Bob

Shashin

If you are in Athens (Greece) until the end of the month, stop by the Athens Photo Festival. As part of the festival, they have a photo book exhibition: The Photobook Exhibiition ? Athens Photo Festival

I was lucky to have both my Tokyo book and my new Tsukiji fish market book selected. You will see them in the list--they got my name and the title right, but in both cases the publisher listed is wrong. Two out of three ain't bad. Anyway, I am pleased. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood.

Tsukiji was released this year, but the work is from the 1990s. The fish market is slated to be moved from this site next year and I wanted to make something to celebrate its history. Shot on that film stuff with a Mamiya C220 and Mamiya 6

The Tokyo project was published in 2015. Almost entirely shot with a Pentax 645D--one image was taken with a Sony RX1.

I design and publish my own books.

Anyway, I am a little chuffed to have these shown in Greece (the European country).

vieri

As Catedrais at sunset

The Playa As Catedrais, in Galicia close to Asturias' border, reveals itself only for a while at low tide. To see it and enjoy its amazing beauty, you have to be there at the right time and conquer it by slowly wading into the receding tide: once you get this natural cathedral, the show in front of you makes it all worth it though.

Old photo with the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

dave.gt

If you are in Athens (Greece) until the end of the month, stop by the Athens Photo Festival. As part of the festival, they have a photo book exhibition: The Photobook Exhibiition ? Athens Photo Festival

I was lucky to have both my Tokyo book and my new Tsukiji fish market book selected. You will see them in the list--they got my name and the title right, but in both cases the publisher listed is wrong. Two out of three ain't bad. Anyway, I am pleased. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood.

Tsukiji was released this year, but the work is from the 1990s. The fish market is slated to be moved from this site next year and I wanted to make something to celebrate its history. Shot on that film stuff with a Mamiya C220 and Mamiya 6

The Tokyo project was published in 2015. Almost entirely shot with a Pentax 645D--one image was taken with a Sony RX1.

I design and publish my own books.

Anyway, I am a little chuffed to have these shown in Greece (the European country).
Will,

Congratulations! That is very nice to be a part of the festival, and I can only imagine how you feel.:) Thank you for sharing this, I just wish I could see it myself in person.

dave.gt

" Orcia's Fields "

April and October

Orcia Fields by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

Orcia Fields II by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

S 006, Vario-Elmar S 30-90 and Apo-Macro Summarit S 120/2.5

Vieri: Fantastico !
Werner, nicely done photos in two different seasons, you must visit there quite often. :) It is beautiful any time of the year as you have captured so masterfully.

Thank you for sharing with some of us who will never see such a wonderful scene in that part of the world!:thumbup:

Mark C

Hello everyone,
this is my first post on GetDPI.com after joining a couple of days ago. I've recently acquired my first MF digital camera, the Fuji GFX 50S, along with 3 GF lenses - the 23mm F4, 63mm F2.8 and the 110mm F2. I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum (and especially to this thread) so I thought I'd start with two of my MF images, firstly with the 63mm:

The crossing by Mark, on Flickr

Then with the 23mm:

Forest Ferns by Mark, on Flickr

Comments and critique most welcome although I understand I may have to wait a while for the Mods to check what I post due to being new so apologies if I can't reply straight away :)

Ed Hurst

Hello everyone,
this is my first post on GetDPI.com after joining a couple of days ago. I've recently acquired my first MF digital camera, the Fuji GFX 50S, along with 3 GF lenses - the 23mm F4, 63mm F2.8 and the 110mm F2. I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum (and especially to this thread) so I thought I'd start with two of my MF images, firstly with the 63mm:

Then with the 23mm:

Comments and critique most welcome although I understand I may have to wait a while for the Mods to check what I post due to being new so apologies if I can't reply straight away :)

Welcome, Mark! And nice shots... Is the tram one at Crich? (From a British railway enthusiast now living in Oz)

Paul2660

[/url]cFlatside sunrise from fall 2016 IQ3100 by paul caldwell, on Flickr[/IMG]

It's showing here a tad over sharpened as Flickr seems to apply more sharpening to images. Sorry about that.

One from last fall, in the Quachita Mountains of Arkansas, Flatside Pinnacle.

The IQ3100 does impress me on how much high light detail can be retained in post, not so impressed by shadow push however. I had hoped for more. More than likely an issue with my back as others seem to have much better results. This was a multiple exposure. ISO 50 for the sun and sky and ISO 200 for the trees as the wind was blowing around 25 mph at times.

Paul Caldwell

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Hello everyone,

Then with the 23mm:

Welcome Mark - great introductory shots!

Status
Not open for further replies.