The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon!

Not the normal thing for here but maybe some will like these..

Had an absolutely amazing time last night, got a call at 6pm that my Sami reindeer herding friends had rushed to the mountains where their reindeer are for the summer, the calves are old enough to mark them with their owners marks before they leave their mothers and it's impossible to know who they belong too. I grabbed the camera, drove 3 hours in to the middle of nowhere, walked 4km up a mountain at midnight and at 1am they started the work, around 6 families old and young, grandparents and kids all working together, using a traditional type of lasso which was amazing to see. Finished at 5am and walked back down the mountain and drove home, completely knackered!

Truly amazing experience and fantastic to be invited, the marking is done traditionally with a knife, each family has its own mark which is cut in to the ear.

Anyway, a couple of random shots, truly challenging light, doesn't get dark really but at 2am the sun streamed past the mountain and bathed everything in extremely deep yellow/orange light.

All of these shot with the 110f2 on the GFX, apart from it being annoyingly noisy at times, it may be my most favourite lens I've owned! The more time I spend with these fantastic people, the more I believe their lifestyle should be recorded, respected and allowed to flourish, shame not everyone thinks like that!

Mat

dave.gt

Afternoon!

Not the normal thing for here but maybe some will like these..

Had an absolutely amazing time last night, got a call at 6pm that my Sami reindeer herding friends had rushed to the mountains where their reindeer are for the summer, the calves are old enough to mark them with their owners marks before they leave their mothers and it's impossible to know who they belong too. I grabbed the camera, drove 3 hours in to the middle of nowhere, walked 4km up a mountain at midnight and at 1am they started the work, around 6 families old and young, grandparents and kids all working together, using a traditional type of lasso which was amazing to see. Finished at 5am and walked back down the mountain and drove home, completely knackered!

Truly amazing experience and fantastic to be invited, the marking is done traditionally with a knife, each family has its own mark which is cut in to the ear.

Anyway, a couple of random shots, truly challenging light, doesn't get dark really but at 2am the sun streamed past the mountain and bathed everything in extremely deep yellow/orange light.

All of these shot with the 110f2 on the GFX, apart from it being annoyingly noisy at times, it may be my most favourite lens I've owned! The more time I spend with these fantastic people, the more I believe their lifestyle should be recorded, respected and allowed to flourish, shame not everyone thinks like that!

Mat
Wow! Mat, great photos, great narrative. You are to be commended for such effort for a great cause. It should also be noted that they appreciate you and recognize the importance of your project and they called you!

I love the images, well done!:)

Quentin_Bargate

Eden Island, Victoria, Seychelles. These marina based developments often using reclaimed land are increasingly popular - e.g. Camana Bay, in the Cayman Islands. Fuji GFX, 32-64mm F/4 lens.

stevenfr

Golden Autumn Leaves, Gatineau National Park, Quebec, Canada. This image was taken last in the autumn season. The leaves fell off the trees in a wind storm the day after I took this image. When I was growing up in Ottawa we would go hiking and mountain biking in the Gatineau Park. A great place to escape the city especially in Autumn.

Steven

D&A

Golden Autumn Leaves, Gatineau National Park, Quebec, Canada. This image was taken last in the autumn season. The leaves fell off the trees in a wind storm the day after I took this image. When I was growing up in Ottawa we would go hiking and mountain biking in the Gatineau Park. A great place to escape the city especially in Autumn.

Steven
In the past many years ago, I visited Gatineau National Park quite a few times during early summer months and often wondered how lovely it must look in the fall. I cycled up to the higher elevations as well as some light hiking and it was a welcome respite from the city below. My wish is to visit various parts of Quebec during the early fall season not only because of the natural spender of colors but the wonderful culture and people I encountered.

Dave (D&A)

stevenfr

Dave

You may want to combine a Quebec autumn shoot with Maine and New Hampshire. I have shot in Vermont as well but prefer the other two states for the images I like to shoot.

Steven

In the past many years ago, I visited Gatineau National Park quite a few times during early summer months and often wondered how lovely it must look in the fall. I cycled up to the higher elevations as well as some light hiking and it was a welcome respite from the city below. My wish is to visit various parts of Quebec during the early fall season not only because of the natural spender of colors but the wonderful culture and people I encountered.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Thanks! They are all wonderful places to shoot, especially during the Autumn season although I haven't yet experienced the height of the fall season in Quebec. I used to live in New England. As you implied, they vary greatly in landscape and terrain. How I wish I had extended time to spend in those regions covering the seasonal changes as I certainly have fond memories of just how spectacular it can be.

Dave (D&A)

Grayhand

903SWC, CFV50C

I am a sucker for industrial landscape, and combined with natural landscape:
The best out of two opposite worlds!

But it is an acquired taste..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.