The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

GF 63mm:

The relic by Mark, on Flickr
Pramote, Quentin, and Mark, as usual very lovely work. From a :thumbup:floral to the seas, and, God's Garden, you have made my day a little nicer.

I long for the day I have something to post myself. Maybe our granddog can be our motif, we don't have a cat! :)

D&A

Late Autumn Afternoon at Historic Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.
(Pentax 645D; FA 45-85mm)

Last edited:

D&A

Greatly apppreciate your kind words Michiel! You have mastered photographing outdoor structural architecture. Its an endeavor I strive to get better at and your examples provide inspiration.

Yes the 645Dand Z are wonderful cameras. Although post processing can go a.long way to altering the color pallet, I actually give the nod and my bias for the 645D CCD based output at lower ISO's, whereas the CMOS based 645Z has greater versitility in a wider range of shooting circumstance.

P.S. A bit of perspective. I should mention with regards to this particular image of Harpers Ferry (West Va.), that the late afternoon was very cold and had sort of a foreboding and ominous feel to it and the seasonal lighting, while still retaining the last vestiges and colors of Autumn. Winter was just around the corner. That may be one reason the streets were deserted except for the occasional straggler where normally the town would be filled with people taking in the sights and history of this famous historic location with regards to the events and its role in the Civil War. I hope to post a few other companion images taken that day.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Michael,

This is such a jarring juxtaposition that one does not expect to see and as such, it makes one take notice! Nicely done!

Surely there is a story behind the image but also a story of the photographer interacting with this unusual visage.:)

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Just returned home from a couple of days out in the mountains with my reindeer herding Sami friends, helicopter flight in and out was pretty cool!

Anyway, here's a couple of shots, the first a quick edit, taken at 3am this morning as the returning sun filled the sky with the most amazing colour..

And the second shot is close to what I have been hoping to get from this experience. If I had the aim of telling a bit of a story with a single image then this is what I'm striving for, father and son marking the calf ears with their family mark, it may not translate to the viewer but for me, the way the father is holding the calf, he was talking gently to his son, guiding him as thousands of reindeer ran around them, it just spoke to me. This idea of an ancient way of life happening around us, being passed down through the generations, a proper privilege to witness. Anyway, enough of the pretentious nonsense, here's the shot..

Don Libby

I've been in Buffalo NY for the past couple days shooting urban decay as well as historical locations. This was shot inside the Colonel Ward Pumping Station. The huge pumps are what used to provide water to Buffalo.

I've been shooting the entire trip with a Fujifilm GFX 50s and 4-lenses; GF23, GF32-64, 64 and a 120.

vjbelle

Don.... it's so enlightening to see you working with the GFX and the assortment of lenses I would purchase if tempted enough. Great B&W conversion. Maybe wrong forum but if you could comment on the Zoom it would be appreciated.

Regards.....

Victor

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Kirk,

Thank you very much for your comment!
I've just printed it and it come out fine.
I've posted the raw picture as shoot without any adjustment (using daylight setting). I remember the moss was actually quite yellow when it was hit by sunlight.

Best
Pramote

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Hoh Rainforest, Olympic National Park, WA
Phase One IQ 3100/XF/SK 40-80 mm

I like the chaos of the forest especially this rainforest. It's very fascinating. It may have something to do with my passion and profession of reading human brain waves which, in general, are quite busy.

Pramote
Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert Photography

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Pramote

In a past life ... not too long ago ... I would put patients into an isoelectric coma ... during brain surgery ... busy became quite quiet ... until emergence.

Nice that Propofol had a short half life ... the days of barbiturate coma and days awakening long past.

Regards,

Bob

Literally my first files (several, stitched) with GFX. I'll have to get used to the extraordinary detail and expanded dynamic range.

I found that diffraction was not as much of a problem as I anticipated, and it was OK to use f22.

Any processing suggestions (or others) welcome as I get used to the larger sensor.

Kirk

PumphouseFuji.jpg

GFX, 63mm, X6.

Status
Not open for further replies.