The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

"Irreparable cracks", in Asturias (Spain)

"Irreparable cracks", shot at Playa de Buelna in Asturias, where the amazing El Picon formation stands tall in the middle of the sea. A really inspiring location, as all Asturias coast.

Two years ago with the Pentax 645z, Pentax 28-45mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

ashandger

This was a bit of a hike for a portly getting old guy. I've wanted to do this shot or something similar for a while. Finally got to it. Darn clear sky. Waited until about 40 minutes before sunset to start pics. Did a couple other shots, then worked on composing this. By the time I figured things out the light was fading. Did this and another vertical, and also a couple horizontal shots. All were shot for focus stacking. That all takes some time, but the sun, unconcerned, continued its plunge into destiny. The nicest light was for the vertical shots but then died out. Stayed for the stars. Did a 2 1/2 hour star trail shot here with the Pentax K-1 and 15-30 @ 15mm. Well………had the settings wrong……..dang. I remembered to take water for the hike, but forgot snacks. Was a slow almost 2 1/2 mile trek back to the truck. 3:00 A.M. and famished. Got out the stove and cooked some little sandwiches in the trailhead parking lot. Popped a couple cold ones. It was fabulous.

Rick

Pentax 645D, DA 25mm, 4x focus stack (could have used one more), f/11, 100 ISO, 1 sec. (x4) - Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Loving your images especially the colours/tones you are getting. I even like a cropped version of this image with just the rock shape and no trees or sky. Looking forward to seeing more in future. Many thanks for sharing.

D&A

Simply awesome Bill. Looks like CGI from some ominous scene in a Hollywood movie. Nicely captured.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

darr

Hope everyone is doing well. I have not been shooting my MF kit as much as I would like to, but a change is coming. I recently retired from full time teaching and will now have more time for personal work. I am also beginning to downsize and hope to be in an RV traveling for a few years after I can get the downsizing done. I hope to return as a contributor to this thread. Here is a shot from yesterday made with the SK 72 L. More to come. :)

Kind regards,
Darr

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Darr,

Again a beautiful capture ... and congratulations on your retirement .... things get more difficult after the order of work life is swept away.

I imagine that an RV will allow you to hit all those wonderfully photogenic parts of this country. With your eye and skills there should be innumerable
pictures that will be forthcoming.

I personally look forward to seeing where the opportunities take you.

Stay safe and please share your vision as you go forward.

darr

Darr,

Again a beautiful capture ... and congratulations on your retirement .... things get more difficult after the order of work life is swept away.

I imagine that an RV will allow you to hit all those wonderfully photogenic parts of this country. With your eye and skills there should be innumerable
pictures that will be forthcoming.

I personally look forward to seeing where the opportunities take you.

Stay safe and please share your vision as you go forward.

Thank you Bob!
The downsizing is a huge chore. I am thinking it may take me two years, but this is what I want to do while I can. I have been enjoying your pics in this thread. Looks like you got yourself a X1D! If I could, I would have one too, but my tiny TC takes all my necessary Hasselblad parts well enough. Thank you again!

Darr

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thank you Bob!
The downsizing is a huge chore. I am thinking it may take me two years, but this is what I want to do while I can. I have been enjoying your pics in this thread. Looks like you got yourself a X1D! If I could, I would have one too, but my tiny TC takes all my necessary Hasselblad parts well enough. Thank you again!

Darr
My TC with the H3D 39 II back probably out resolved the X1D ... more to do with the lenses than the sensor.

When I had it I had to power the back from a Firewire 800 hub and a battery pack that was huge. No Live View ... but the captures were phenomenal.

Shame there is no adapter to mount the X1D to an Alpa ... I would be there in a NY minute.

Regards,

Bob

darr

My TC with the H3D 39 II back probably out resolved the X1D ... more to do with the lenses than the sensor.

When I had it I had to power the back from a Firewire 800 hub and a battery pack that was huge. No Live View ... but the captures were phenomenal.

Shame there is no adapter to mount the X1D to an Alpa ... I would be there in a NY minute.

Regards,

Bob
Maybe the creatives on eBay could craft you something? I use my CFV-50c with a 501CM for portraits and some macro work, but the Schneider lenses with the TC do a much better job IMO. I love Hasselblad and still shoot film with their cameras in part because I love the shooting experience. I still have a 39px back, a P45 with a M mount. I will be selling it and a bunch of other camera gear in the downsizing. In the end, it is the TC, Hasselblad, and Fuji cameras that warm my heart.

stngoldberg

When I saw this scene in Boothbay Harbor Maine, it was like an invitation to create a postcard!
Two images combined with Helicon Focus.

Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.