The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

I am just planning my shoot for aspen trees. I was checking dates for when the aspens turned last year and found this image.

Steven

stevenfr

Steven, those are beautiful... when exactly is the best time for you to capture these images? :)
Hi Dave

Thanks for the kind feedback. Depends where you are going to shoot. I have photographed these trees for 13 autmn seasons from the Yukon to southern Utah.

The timing can be difficult year to year. Where do you want to shoot? If you want send me an email and we can chat.

Steven

This comment hurts my eyes.
It's great to post constructive criticism and suggestions, but we need to find the right language - so I'll try to make the point politely:

I clicked 'Like' for the unusual and interesting composition, but I also had questions about the color - the quite vivid sky and yellow-toned foreground. They didn't hurt my eyes, but I couldn't see them as benefiting the image. Maybe problems about the light or about white balance, but more likely introduced in post-processing?

I hope this is a welcome way of responding,

Kirk

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
It's great to post constructive criticism and suggestions, but we need to find the right language - so I'll try to make the point politely:

I clicked 'Like' for the unusual and interesting composition, but I also had questions about the color - the quite vivid sky and yellow-toned foreground. They didn't hurt my eyes, but I couldn't see them as benefiting the image. Maybe problems about the light or about white balance, but more likely introduced in post-processing?

I hope this is a welcome way of responding,

Kirk
Kirk...Thanks for the comment. This kind of criticism is what I want to hear to improve my photography.
Photography is just a cup of tea, which makes it even more interesting. I've always appreciated any thoughtful comments.
In this picture, adding warm filter color causes more yellow to the sky and the background.

Pramote

M

mjr

Morning!

In a black and white mood today, not entirely sure on this shot, boring in colour, just about works in b&w.

dave.gt

Morning!

In a black and white mood today, not entirely sure on this shot, boring in colour, just about works in b&w.

Mat, looks great to me! It has a character of mystery to me with the look of a place not familiar to someone living in an urban area. It feels like a frame from cinematic production. :)

M

mjr

Thanks Dave! A bit too much fog to be honest, had to process fairly heavy to get some definition back in the trees which is what I wanted, anyway, just a nice little scene very typical of here, Lapland is full of these old barns!

Have a nice day!

Mat

dave.gt

Thanks Dave! A bit too much fog to be honest, had to process fairly heavy to get some definition back in the trees which is what I wanted, anyway, just a nice little scene very typical of here, Lapland is full of these old barns!

Have a nice day!

Mat
It is such a picturesque country! You are fortunate to live in that part of the world...

From a background in mostly black and white, I find your image to be quite beautiful leaving a lot of room for the imagination. Well done! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.