The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Stanley, the cars are all beautiful but look at that last shot with those group of admirers all lined in a row and framed perfectly as seen through the rear window. That's a classic reportage style shot. Nice capture!

Dave (D&A)

stngoldberg

Thanks Dave,
When I saw that shot through my viewfinder, I hoped no one would move during the fraction of a second it took for my finger to reach the shutter button
Stanley

stngoldberg

I took over 100 images' I just want to share a two more as it seems that we don't have access to this type of "high fashion" any longer
Stanley

dave.gt

I should have included this angle.
Stanley
In a time, when every car looks the same, no matter what brand, this is refreshing. Thanks, Stanley.

Yesterday, I stopped by the market to pick up something for dinner. I parked among the mass of Stepford Wives' vehicles, that all looked the same.Upon entering the store, the patrons, mostly twenty and thirty-something's all with cap, ponytail, yoga pants and brightly colored shoes were pushing their carts like there was no tomorrow...

The cashier's were robotic in their greetings and small talk as they checked all items and bagged out groceries. Back out to our ancient car we found the traffic was a homogenized flow of potential road rage aggression in similar unidentifiable vehicles scurrying from one traffic light to another.

It was all too much, everything is different but the same. No character. No individualism, and it made me wonder, "Where have all the creative people gone?"
Then i was reminded that our grandchildren, wrapped in their cocoons of video games and following in the footsteps of their parents (endless after-school activities), have suppressed their individual talents in creative pursuits.

The current designers in the automotive industry have been trained all too well in the cookie-cutter mindset of this contemporary world. ...Sigh...

I am thankful for the amazing talent on this forum!

pesto

In a time, when every car looks the same, no matter what brand, this is refreshing. Thanks, Stanley.

It was all too much, everything is different but the same. No character. No individualism, and it made me wonder, "Where have all the creative people gone?"
Then i was reminded that our grandchildren, wrapped in their cocoons of video games and following in the footsteps of their parents (endless after-school activities), have suppressed their individual talents in creative pursuits.

Dave, perhaps this will offer a bit of insight:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-smartphone-generation-vs-free-speech-1504274890

dave.gt

Dave, perhaps this will offer a bit of insight:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-smartphone-generation-vs-free-speech-1504274890
Interesting! I had not seen that... thanks!
Granted, it has been awhile since my teaching at the university but I find it shocking that design of everything from automobiles to cameras has turned into a melted form with badging being the only thing really different. Cameras included unfortunately.

Now I must make plans for the annual British Car Show in Dillard, Georgia!:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.