The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon!

I love Autumn! Quick shot on the way to town this morning, nothing special but just had to stop!

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Very weak aurora last night but I like the addition of low fog, meant these streetlights looked quite nice.

stevenfr

This image is titled Enchanted Birches from a shoot in Maine. It was not so easy to carry the depth of field in this image to get the front leaves sharp and carry the sharpness to the back of the forest. I wanted the leaves to feel like a pathway floating in the forest. I used the Schneider 55mm lens to shoot this image with the Phase One XF, IQ280 camera.

Steven

Two days ago at Lake Yamanaka. Arrived at 2.30 at night already at a parking filled with photographers.
Fuji is still accessible for hikers (not for long though) and at night all the cabins and trail heads are lit up which makes an interesting outline.
Here is the early morning though.

M

mjr

Morning

Just a beautiful start to the day again here, popped out for half an hour earlier, still trying to get to grips with finding compositions in the forest, I like this, heavy wet fog and some really nice colours.

dave.gt

Morning

Just a beautiful start to the day again here, popped out for half an hour earlier, still trying to get to grips with finding compositions in the forest, I like this, heavy wet fog and some really nice colours.

Mat,

Thank you for these morning posts. It is getting tougher to leave the house lately, so I long to be outdoors. I may be able to get out on the 23rd...
Until then, your scouting and visions are nice to wake up to as I start my day! Thanks!:thumbup:

You inspire me to look at the forest a bit differently!

M

mjr

Thanks Dave, it's great being surrounded by forest but tricky to shoot anything I like!

Have a nice day.

Mat

M

mjr

One more, really loving the muted tones, soft light and fog. Getting these to look how I want now but still need to work on composition, I see loads I like whilst walking around but they just don't work on the screen.

stevenfr

Grasses and Aspens Reflected - I am thinking to re-visit this little pond this autumn. I like the foreground of grasses against the autumn reflection of the aspen trees. The far shore of grasses framing the pond holds the viewers eye in the scene.

Steven

tsjanik

One more, really loving the muted tones, soft light and fog. Getting these to look how I want now but still need to work on composition, I see loads I like whilst walking around but they just don't work on the screen.

My experience with lovely, quiet scenes is similar. Somehow the beauty of the scene is lost. This is not one of those; the path leads the viewer through the beautiful, muted colors. I would love to see your image printed on a matte paper. Attached below is a scene I found lovely, which fails on screen and and print. Much detail to see, but nowhere for the eye to follow.

Tom

_IMG5362 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

dave.gt

My experience with lovely, quiet scenes is similar. Somehow the beauty of the scene is lost. This is not one of those; the path leads the viewer through the beautiful, muted colors. I would love to see your image printed on a matte paper. Attached below is a scene I found lovely, which fails on screen and and print. Much detail to see, but nowhere for the eye to follow.

Tom

_IMG5362 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Yes, I see what you mean... composition-wise, maybe try a nice vignette to frame the image and extract the black tree form? It is a very interesting scene with a white colored tree to the right of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.