The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning!

Just going through images from this summer with my Sami reindeer herding friends, something special about 24hr daylight and the effect it has on the landscape, this at 2am as the rain stopped, and everything calmed down after a stormy evening.

scho

A couple of hand held detail shots of an old boathouse in Ithaca, NY. Pentax 645z with HD FA 35mm. Click image for full size.

Shashin

We are settling in for the night. Hurricane Irma is forecast to peak around 2am Monday morning. We have had tornado warnings all day. Fortunately, this storm is losing power. See you on the other side.

D&A

We are settling in for the night. Hurricane Irma is forecast to peak around 2am Monday morning. We have had tornado warnings all day. Fortunately, this storm is losing power. See you on the other side.

Will, I thought you were in Vermont or was it Maine? When did you move to Florida? In any case, plese stay safe. Lovely shot though!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Good luck to you, my friend, and everyone else here affected by the storm...

tsjanik

Good luck Will, why aren't you in Maine?

tcdeveau

Good luck and stay safe, Will! Glad to hear the storm is losing power.

Just finished getting my house here in Atlanta prepped (I think) and getting settled in myself. Last forecast I saw has it peaking here around noon tomorrow We'll see what happens. To echo Ed's sentiments, best of luck to everyone else in the storm's path or otherwise affected, especially those in Florida and on the coast.
-Todd

Shashin

I want to thank everyone for their wishes.

I think we are going to be fine--we are just a little southeast of Orlando. The storm will peak for us around 2am and stay for about 12 hours after that. I am more grateful the tornado warnings are moving out of my area. We are very fortunate, there are certainly many others in worse conditions.

At least we know no one reads the location under the member's Avatar. :LOL: My wife and I moved to Florida this August. I am thinking maybe we did that a bit too soon. The ten years in Maine were great and now we are moving on to new adventures. The environment is certainly different down here--Florida alligators are very different than the ones in Maine. They call it the Sunshine State, but I am having my doubts. At least I don't have to shovel rain.

Peace,

Will

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
One of my favorite monuments/parks. It's personality changes hour by hour (sometimes moment by moment). Very nice work.
Thank you for sharing!

jvdk

jvdk,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

This is one of my favorites too. And I completely agree with the rapid change of landscape. October is also a great time to go as you start to see snow.

Best
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.