The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

Just about to head off to shoot aspens. I captured this image a few years back as fog rolled into the forest in the late afternoon. I remember running around through the forest looking for compositions.

Steven

M

mjr

That's lovely Steven, good luck on your trip! The Birch trees here are well on their way so hopefully you will get some decent colour.

Mat

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Just about to head off to shoot aspens. I captured this image a few years back as fog rolled into the forest in the late afternoon. I remember running around through the forest looking for compositions.

Steven
Steven,

One of the best Aspen shoots I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing.

Pramote

D

Deleted member 7792

Steven
Beautiful Steven. :thumbup: Out of curiosity, where are you heading?

Joe

stevenfr

Steven,

One of the best Aspen shoots I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing.

Pramote
Pramote and Mat

I wanted to thank you for your kind feedback on this image. I remember clearly how excited I was when the fog moved into this forest. interestingly, this image doesn't sell as well as other aspen images I have. Not sure if I haven't shown it enough, or clients just before a stronger colour palette. I have posted a few of the other images that sell when compared to this one. I can post them again if there is interest. I don't want to take over this thread with to many images. There is so much amazing imagery posted here.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote and Mat

I wanted to thank you for your kind feedback on this image. I remember clearly how excited I was when the fog moved into this forest. interestingly, this image doesn't sell as well as other aspen images I have. Not sure if I haven't shown it enough, or clients just before a stronger colour palette. I have posted a few of the other images that sell when compared to this one. I can post them again if there is interest. I don't want to take over this thread with to many images. There is so much amazing imagery posted here.
I will absolutely love to see more of your aspen pictures. Never get tired of it. Pramote

dave.gt

I will absolutely love to see more of your aspen pictures. Never get tired of it. Pramote
Yes, I agree with Pramote! The last decade, we have spent and continue to spend most of our lives in hospitals amidst suffering that few people acknowledge for whatever reasons. Yet, I see the beauty in each of those patients' lives and I am working hard to capture their inner and outer beauty, but it is also the beauty of their living in what seems to be a hopeless world. It is no different whatever the motif, in my humble opinion.

There is beauty all around us and if we just simply observe we will find it. Steven and so many others make it easy for us to see the beauty through their posts of amazing images. The landscapes of the world closely align with the landscapes of our hearts. That is the reason I am here, I need the inspiration to continue our own journey.

The message of art and healing is as large as the promise of the coming day. Sometimes we need to be reminded to look up and see the sunrise over the mountains and valleys below.

Thanks, Pramote for your own contributions and to everyone else here on this forum. Steven, with each post of yours, I learn and I look forward to the next post each time. Thank you for that!:):):)

dave.gt

Autumn mood in Alsace, France

View attachment 129156

A/S Factum | HR70 | IQ260
Frederic,

First of all, I like the serenity you captured with it's promise of a changing season.

This looks a lot like my grandparents' old farm here in rural Georgia, of all places. The presence of what appears to be a foundation of sorts (old mill, bridge?) is nearly the same as in photos I made of their grist mill ruins last Spring. It took me all my life and three months on the ground to locate the old home place and finally meet them at their burial site just an hour from where we live.

So, thanks for posting, it gives me a sense of reminding me of closure as I never met my grandparents. One never knows what an image will mean for viewers!:)

photographist

Sadly, I've not been there for about 4 years, but am planning a trip later this year or early next. I love to shoot in the winter (was raised in Southern CA, so of course, love the 4 seasons ;)).

Have you been there in the Spring/Fall when that little stream reverses it's flow? If not, it's worth the trip.

Take care and keep up the great work!

jvdk

jvdk,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

This is one of my favorites too. And I completely agree with the rapid change of landscape. October is also a great time to go as you start to see snow.

Best
Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Sadly, I've not been there for about 4 years, but am planning a trip later this year or early next. I love to shoot in the winter (was raised in Southern CA, so of course, love the 4 seasons ;)).

Have you been there in the Spring/Fall when that little stream reverses it's flow? If not, it's worth the trip.

Take care and keep up the great work!

jvdk
I was there in summer and early October but have never been there in Spring.

In October, you usually don't see the water stream but it's nice with the weather and you start to see some snow on the mountain. On top of that, you're pretty much own the place by yourself.

Take care,

Pramote

stevenfr

Dune Ridge was taken at sunset looking west in Death Valley NP using a Phase One XF IQ3 100 Camera with the 35mm LS Schneider lens.

Steven

Deltona

I caught an inversion over the Hope valley in Derbyshire. This is the small town of Castleton, a shot taken from Winnats pass.

Mamiya 645 DF Phase 1 P21+ with the 210mm

CF065373-Edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.