The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcdeveau

Just got my X1D back from Hasselblad for the scroll wheel fix, and it's been a rough week so I decided I needed to get out and take some photographs tonight. Didn't get the sunset I was hoping for but it was nice to get out and do some shooting....

ISO 100, 128 seconds, f9, X1D, 45mm XCD, Singh-Ray 2 stop ND

IMG_4619.jpg

Deltona

As we get rid of a quite dreary summer in the UK, not my favourite time to be out shooting the landscape of the Peak btw. Really looking forward to autumn, and all the pleasures it brings.
The River Burbage runs through Padley Gorge near Grindleford, Derbyshire.

Mamiya 645DF Phase One P21+ 80mm

CF061097.jpg

Deltona

Know it well, use to be my old stomping ground. Nice capture of the darkness and colours!
Bit of a honeypot, but the fact that it runs through an ancient wooodland which in autumn looks fantastic. Don't go near in the school holidays or weekends, it's like Blackpool :)

dave.gt

As we get rid of a quite dreary summer in the UK, not my favourite time to be out shooting the landscape of the Peak btw. Really looking forward to autumn, and all the pleasures it brings.
The River Burbage runs through Padley Gorge near Grindleford, Derbyshire.

Mamiya 645DF Phase One P21+ 80mm

View attachment 129181
Absolutely lovely. This image is a great way to wake up in the morning and prepare for the 100 mile commute to rehab. It is full of movement, colorful, and it draws me into the image as I move closer to inspect the individual elements. I have just learned something, thanks again, Nick!:)

dave.gt

Just got my X1D back from Hasselblad for the scroll wheel fix, and it's been a rough week so I decided I needed to get out and take some photographs tonight. Didn't get the sunset I was hoping for but it was nice to get out and do some shooting....

ISO 100, 128 seconds, f9, X1D, 45mm XCD, Singh-Ray 2 stop ND

View attachment 129180
Todd!

Thank you for that one!:):):)

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Lots of nice work recently!

It has been terrible weather here for a week but took advantage of a break in the rain for a walk around this morning, only had an hour so nothing serious, just a couple of quick shots in preparation for more time at the weekend.

Frederic

Frederic,

First of all, I like the serenity you captured with it's promise of a changing season.

This looks a lot like my grandparents' old farm here in rural Georgia, of all places. The presence of what appears to be a foundation of sorts (old mill, bridge?) is nearly the same as in photos I made of their grist mill ruins last Spring. It took me all my life and three months on the ground to locate the old home place and finally meet them at their burial site just an hour from where we live.

So, thanks for posting, it gives me a sense of reminding me of closure as I never met my grandparents. One never knows what an image will mean for viewers!:)
Dave,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to talk openly about such personal aspects of your life, I'm glad the elegiac mood brought up those memories.
I was dealing with loss too at the time, I suspect it shows through in some ways.

The foundations on the right are from a bridge indeed. Like you I thought they were from an old mill.

B L

Re:GateCrash Wedding photo!

H3D 30 + HC 35mm
I was in Leeds early today and as I was taking some photos outside the Town Hall,there I noticed a group of people just at the doors of the building.
It was a small wedding where I gatecrashed and took some photos! Here is one for viewing and (e)valuation!

Attachments

Pemihan

On the Colorado River just below Vasey's Paradise, Grand Canyon, Arizona.
IQ280, SK55LS.

Ohh and all the spots in the sky are not dust spots but hundreds of birds :)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon

I need a break from constant client work over the last few days and as there are lots of great black and whites being posted, I thought I'd experiment with a couple of autumn shots. I'm drawn to the Birch for the fantastic colours but I was wondering if the colour would translate to interesting tones in black and white..

I'm still wondering! Not convinced to be honest but there is some charm, I like the depth with the deep shadows in the back but not sure if the colours when converted offer enough variation, I really don't like shots that are overly grey without shadows and highlights and this is borderline, doesn't matter I guess, just messing around!

Status
Not open for further replies.