The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

While I love all of the photos from Landscapelover, some of which are truly exceptional, perhaps we need a guideline that says something like no more than one photo posted per day or even every couple of days by an individual. For the most part that's what everybody has been doing, actually many more like one every 4 or 5 days. This prevents photos from getting buried really quickly and more eyes on all of the great stuff posted here. Most other photo forums that I am involved with do have such guidelines. Just a thought ... :)
Sorry but I don't agree; there are already to many rules in the world and I never understand why people want to add some more.
It is anybodys freedom to post none, one or a (small) series. A series can add something to the story.
I do not want to think about how many days ago I posted my last photograph to see if I am allowed to post another one.
People come and go on forums whenever they like. That's the way it works. Sometimes you don't post for weeks and other days you have a lot to share.
I regular sroll down the pages to see what i missed. It is no hassle if you're interested.

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Back to images, I'm in a black and white mood, looking back at Lofoten and planning a new trip.

Mat

D

Deleted member 7792

While I love all of the photos from Landscapelover, some of which are truly exceptional, perhaps we need a guideline that says something like no more than one photo posted per day or even every couple of days by an individual. For the most part that's what everybody has been doing, actually many more like one every 4 or 5 days. This prevents photos from getting buried really quickly and more eyes on all of the great stuff posted here. Most other photo forums that I am involved with do have such guidelines. Just a thought ... :)
I've been in this forum for a long time. It's just been in the past 2+ months I've had a chance to edit my photos. I've been on sabbatical leave and been in front of the computer all the time.
I do not mean to just throw the garbage (hope you do not think so) into this forum. The times I spent to edit each photos now were the same as when I posted photos once in 3-4 weeks. The last one took me ~ 3 hours. I don't mean anything but just want to share them with you. I am an amateur and have no reason to promote my photos for commercial purposes.
I apologize If this bothers some of you. Please let me know and I will stop doing this and just keep them to myself.
For EJ, I am a big fan of you, if you've posted many pictures a day, I will never complain due to quality of your work. However, this may not apply to my level. Even after your comment, I am still your follower.
Please let me know.

Best regards,

Pramote
Like I said, the work you have been posting is often exceptional and I would definitely want to keep seeing them. But your images would get more views if you spaced out your posts more rather than scrolling them to the previous page so quickly - just food for thought :) No negative feelings at all and it's just my opinion. We'll see if others chime in or if I'm the only one that feels that way.
Hi EJ,

No hard feeling! I respect your opinion. What I like about this forum is people. Almost all of them are sophisticated and very friendly. I've learnt a lot from them and accumulate a lot of good friends.
My intention of posting the pictures here is not about how many "like" I will get but just about sharing my vision. I've always thought twice before posting and made sure they were not poor quality.
My leave is almost ended any way. Work has already had a lot of rules, I don't want to add another one. Please don't make me ruin this forum. I will end it myself and will stop posting the pictures here for a while.

Best regards,
Pramote
I love and am inspired by the images that both of you present in this forum. I don't care about "forum velocity" because I can browse slowly or quickly depending upon the amount of time I can spend studying the photos of others. I am not in favor of rules that would restrict posting frequency. After a trip, I may have a dozen photos I want to share. Sometimes I go months without sharing a single image. I think Jack expressed my feelings well in the mission statement for this forum:

"A place to exchange ideas, techniques, experiences AND images, where the discussions are fun, respectful and geared toward the goal of helping each other improve all aspects of our photography."
Please do not slow or limit your posting. Your images inspire me more than you'll ever know.

Joe

ejpeiker

OK, it was just a thought that perhaps I should have kept to myself. I actually chose the word guideline and not rule on purpose. The two mean different things in my mind. But I am clearly in the minority which is no problem at all, just thought I'd throw it out there when I logged on after a day and found nearly half of the photos from a single person. I will continue to be happy to look at each and every shot even if that means having to go back several forum pages. I am very thankful we have a place to post medium format photos and this place separates itself from the morass of iPhone photos all over the internet. Let's carry on with posting pictures... :)

Mark C

Can't get out of the house at present so thought I'd see how the GFX would get on with a dynamic range challenge! No complaints here. 110mm F2 and available light only:

Bananas by Mark, on Flickr

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Grand Canyon
Phase One IQ 180/DF/SK 150mm LS. 4 vertical panorama stitching.

I've been writing a medical textbook during my sabbatical leave since July. Editing pictures is my meditation time. This may explain why I've had massive posts. Sadly it will end soon.
These raw files have been in my hard drive for several years. They couldn't be processed back then due to massive files. I completely forgot about them (including many other cold-case files like these) until today.
I am very impressed about this outdated CCD back :) I think the DR is still OK :) I missed it so much I bought it back at a steal from ebay with zero shutter count! It will be my antique back in addition to the P21/P25+, which I love so much as Daytona does (although can't make the pictures from it as good as Daytona does).
I hope you enjoy it as I do. Just want to share.

Pramote
Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert Photography

Last edited:

D&A

Through all the technical advances made in recent years with a great many cameras and also in cmos sensor development, there is a certain je ne sais quoi to many images derived from certain CCD sensor based cameras. The images and sensors of these CCD cameras may often measure poorly for some of the parameters we associate with state of the art performance and image capture and certainly have their shortcomings. Yet like analogic music reproduction, there is something more, that can't be measured, that contributes to the viseral impact that images from these cameras often illicit.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dave.gt

Through all the technical advances made in many cameras and the cmos sensors in recent years, there is a certain je ne sais quoi to many images derived from certain CCD sensor based cameras. The images and sensors of these camera may often measure poorly on some of the parameters we associate with state of the art performance and image capture and certainly have shortcomings. Yet like analogic music reproduction, there is something more, that can't be measured, that contributes to the viseral impact that images from these cameras often make.

Dave (D&A)
I agree with you, Dave! There are some great sensors out there and folks who can really make great images with them.

If there is one take-away from viewing the amazing work here... It is this: the sensor between the ears seems to matter the most. Fantastic images across the board with all the different sensors used! :)

Last edited:

jng

Along the Devastation Trail, Kilauea Iki, Mauna Loa Volcano

IQ160_6226_C1-2.jpg

WRS1250 | 40HR | IQ160 | 2° tilt

Indeed, still loving the colors from my IQ160...

Status
Not open for further replies.