The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejpeiker

Just a quick shot over the weekend near my home in Arizona that I took for illustrative purposes for an article I am working on...
P1 XF-IQ3100, SK 35mm BR, ISO 100, f/8, 1/200

AZ_GoldfieldMts64.jpg

D

Deleted member 7792

A frequent subject of mine, historic Yates Mill in Raleigh, that I never tire of photographing. You are likely bored with it by now. This was one of those trifecta days - great sky, no breeze resulting in still water in the mill pond, and good pre-fall foliage. Even the temperature and humidity were manageable. The X1D's GPS accessory works reasonably well and the coordinates are close but not precise.

Another view of the mill pond which you've seen several times in my posted photos.

The XCD 30mm is a very sharp lens. The f/16 aperture was a mistake by me. I usually shoot at f/8 or f/11 for these scenes and had tried f/16 with an ND to get a longer shutter speed for a smoother reflection. That didn't work well, so I removed the ND but forgot to reset the aperture. A senior moment.

Joe

Shashin

Just learning about my new neighborhood. It is really interesting that windthow from Irma happened to a small sample of trees within a forest.

Deltona

Wow, nicely done, Nick... your use of light is extraordinary as usual. Yet, here is something remarkable... the juxtaposition of horses in a jolting scene that shocks the senses of environmentally conscious viewers. At least, it shocks my senses. The shadow lines draw me into the image.

I always love contrasts in every possible sense. This image makes one think, and that is a good thing!:)
Thanks Dave, I'm glad you got the juxtaposition, the natural environment being dwarfed by the towers and the plumes of steam. The horses just wouldn't leave me alone, after they trotted over to me, they were coming up to me for a bit of a stroke and a chat, I wanted them elsewhere in the picture, never work with children or animals. Everytime I moved to get a good composition, they would then trot toward me, all I needed was the Benny Hill music.

ejpeiker

A frequent subject of mine, historic Yates Mill in Raleigh, that I never tire of photographing. You are likely bored with it by now. This was one of those trifecta days - great sky, no breeze resulting in still water in the mill pond, and good pre-fall foliage. Even the temperature and humidity were manageable. The X1D's GPS accessory works reasonably well and the coordinates are close but not precise.

Another view of the mill pond which you've seen several times in my posted photos.

The XCD 30mm is a very sharp lens. The f/16 aperture was a mistake by me. I usually shoot at f/8 or f/11 for these scenes and had tried f/16 with an ND to get a longer shutter speed for a smoother reflection. That didn't work well, so I removed the ND but forgot to reset the aperture. A senior moment.

Joe
I absolutely love that first shot with the mill reflection!

stevenfr

I showed this image in colour a few months. Just thought to try it in B$W, after feeling inspired by all the great B&W work lately on this post.

Steven

stngoldberg

Tropical Storm Jose at low tide today
Stanley
1/800 sec at f11 with ISO at 400 with P1 100mpx 300mm lens

Last edited:

dave.gt

Autumn aspens reflected in a pond. The wind made for interesting patterns.
Steven,

The colors and textures are really nice here. It goes to show that wind can make things beautiful and not all scenes require smoothing. Thanks for teaching me this the first thing this morning.:):):)

M

mjr

Afternoon!

I've been in the mountains for a couple of days with my reindeer herding Sami friends, such a privilege. Amazing skies with lots of pretty mad weather plus the whole place in Autumn colours, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.