The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning!

Something different from the landscapes, working with the Sami a couple of days ago, marking the reindeer calves and they also took some to sell and process for meat too. They mark in the traditional way by cutting notches into the ears, each family has a different mark and I have absolutely no idea how they can spot their own mark as the reindeer are running around, never mind singling out an individual and lassoing it!

Amazing photos in this thread.
They seem to be coming fast and furious.
Not easy to keep up.

Well here's a contribution from me.
Sunrise at Lanikai beach on the windward side of Oahu in Hawaii.
Hasselblad x1d, 30mm, about a 3 minute exposure.

Long Exposure Lanikai Sunrise Joe Marquez The Smoking Camera B0001578.jpg

dave.gt

Darlene

That is some kind of sweet image there with the artful look well deserving of an old piece of automotive history... I love what you did with this. And I bet it gave great satisfaction too. Well done!!!:thumbup:

darr

Darlene

That is some kind of sweet image there with the artful look well deserving of an old piece of automotive history... I love what you did with this. And I bet it gave great satisfaction too. Well done!!!:thumbup:
Dave,
Thank you for your kind words. I have deep appreciation for certain manmade things like the Lantern and they show up in my pictures. I can only imagine the gift of light the Lantern provided in the days when that was all there was to travel with. The Detroiter was owned by a very kind gentleman in his 90s that took great care of it for over fifty years. He unselfishly shared his antique and rare cars with anyone that had an interest in them. I looked at that Lantern like I looked at the gentleman, with awe.

Thank you again my friend,
Darr

gme2815

Shades of Petrified Forest. Great.
Thanks. Club Ed is indeed a movie set out in the Mojave Desert. I was scouting for the umpteenth time for some English auto insurance company commercial I'm working on. It was built in the early 90s, I think, for some long forgotten movie. The gas pumps are fake and have never pumped so much as a gallon, the ice box is fake, and no "Luncheon Specials" have ever been served. Well, that's not entirely true, we use the inside as diner set and also a nice place to feed the crew lunch when it's particularly hot and brutal, which is most of the time. 100s of commercials, music videos, movies, TV shows, and still shoots have happened here. It's a classic!

Deltona

A very cold morning for the UK about -6, but grat to be out in such lovely light.

Mamiya 645DF Phase One P21+ 45mm with ND Grad

CF061946.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.