The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Graham
Is that Mamiya APO 200 the manual model?
Thanks.
It is indeed. That was shot with the old Mamiya 2x converter too. Fotodiox M645 -> GF adapter. All mounted on a Gitzo SSGT tripod / Cube and shot with ES mode on the Fuji to minimize any movement so all pretty well planted & stable.

M

mjr

Morning!

We've had a couple of nights of huge aurora here, unfortunately very thick fog has hampered shooting anything interesting. I spent a couple of hours just capturing glimpses of it as the fog swirled around, this on the way home as the aurora died down and the fog lifted just enough to get a clear view of the sky.

M

mjr

Thanks Dave, it does indeed have it's charms, not so much at -40 in the middle of a winter that last 4 months but still!

Have a nice day.

Mat

algrove

It is indeed. That was shot with the old Mamiya 2x converter too. Fotodiox M645 -> GF adapter. All mounted on a Gitzo SSGT tripod / Cube and shot with ES mode on the Fuji to minimize any movement so all pretty well planted & stable.
Don't know if you've ever tried your Mamiya teles on a tech cam, but I am debating getting the Mamiya Alpa Adapter plus the 11 and 17 T/swing adapters for use with manual Mamiya teles. I would like to try this since at times I wish I could get closer via telephoto while using the Alpa instead of taking a heavier XF with electronic Mamiya APO lenses.

dave.gt

Pramote,

Again, thank you for posting images of places that I will never see in person. The fact that your images are excellent underscore my appreciation.

My entire world of photography has changed completely with MF gear. Inspiration from the excellent images on this forum by so many here provide the fuel to power me forward on my own humble, personal journey. :thumbup:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote,

Again, thank you for posting images of places that I will never see in person. The fact that your images are excellent underscore my appreciation.

My entire world of photography has changed completely with MF gear. Inspiration from the excellent images on this forum by so many here provide the fuel to power me forward on my own humble, personal journey. :thumbup:
Thank you very much Dave! You are too kind. I truly appreciate it. Pramote

gme2815

20170929-_DSF2904-2.jpg

From a scout today for something which must remain nameless. This is Pastor Castaneda. And below is his church, which you might recognize from a certain movie involving a certain Hattori Hanzo sword. Fuji GFX with 110mm above, 32-64mm below.

20170929-_DSF2885.jpg

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Here's a couple of quick shots from the last few days here.

photographist

Nice work, Mat ..

I particularly enjoy the lower image (with the bridge). Very nice lines and I always enjoy the combination of fog and fall colurs.

Thank you for sharing!

jvdk

Afternoon!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Here's a couple of quick shots from the last few days here.

gme2815

Nice portrait of Pastor Castaneda.:)

Did you use a reflector? Flash?
Thanks, Dave. No reflector or flash. I just had him stand in an open doorway and backed him up until he was just out of the direct sunlight. The white church side door, which was open into the church, acted as a bit of a natural reflector perhaps. But it was it. I did crank the shadows down to zero in Lightroom to darken the area behind him, plus I lowered the exposure a little, and took the highlights down a smidgen.

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Nice ...
Is this a single capture or multiple images?
Thank you!

jvdk
Thanks very much Jeffrey for your kind words! Almost all of my pictures are a single shot except bracketting when I don't use the graduated ND. I rarely use focus stacking either. I am a lazy but patient photographer :) Sometimes I waited for hours at the same place. I also spend a lot of time in post processing especially for B&W. It's one form of meditation for me :)

I don't paste the sky. rocks, trees etc from other shots because I don't like doing it. If I do, I will say so. However, I am not against doing it. Photography is an art and I think anyone has a right to do anything with their pictures.

Best regards,

Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.