The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Stan,

These are really nice images! Oddly, as a graduate architect in a former life, then an engineer, I never thought a lot about shooting the kinds of images which you excel in making. You have given me a new dimension to paying attention! Thanks!:thumbup:

stngoldberg

Stan,

These are really nice images! Oddly, as a graduate architect in a former life, then an engineer, I never thought a lot about shooting the kinds of images which you excel in making. You have given me a new dimension to paying attention! Thanks!:thumbup:
Lots of these near you in Charleston, SC and Savanah in your home state
Stanley

Shashin

Light and color down here are very different from Maine. I have no idea what "natural" should look like.

This land is used for cattle pasture. I believe it was orange orchards in the past. I think the lack of foliage is a result of Hurricane Irma as the tree still seems alive--it is not like trees need to drop leave for a coming winter.

stngoldberg

Light and color down here are very different from Maine. I have no idea what "natural" should look like.

This land is used for cattle pasture. I believe it was orange orchards in the past. I think the lack of foliage is a result of Hurricane Irma as the tree still seems alive--it is not like trees need to drop leave for a coming winter.
I live in both New England and Florida; quite frankly, outside of wildlife, I have difficulty finding much to photograph in Florida.
I am hoping you bring some fresh perspective
Stanley

stngoldberg

These colors are circa 1685, although the obviously the paint is new
This one is on 23 Willow street, if you visit Newport

Stanley

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

This set up worked around the house but I was not so sure it worked in the field.
I am so happy it worked! The first time I tried this setup in real life.
This picture was taken by the Arca Swiss M Line 2 and standard bellow with the analog lens "Rodenstock APO-Sironar-S 210mm" (3 images stitching although it can be stitched with 9 images). I forgot to change the f stop from 5.6 (wide open) to 8 or 11.
It was raining and mild windy. I should have tilted a little but, come on, it's raining (Good excuse :)).
The system is light and easy to set up.

Kenosha Pass, CO
Phase One IQ3100/Arca Swiss M-Line 2/Rodenstock APO-Sironar-S 210mm/0.9 GND

Pramote
Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert Photography

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

This is the crop of the previous image (~45% sharpening in Sharpening Pro in Nik Collection, a free software from Google). I couldn't find the loupe so it was focused with naked eyes with 100% zoom.
The secret! The lens is only $850 at eBay! It is an analog lens and not supposed to work at all.
I would not use this image for printing. It's just for demonstration only. If I want to print it, I would use my reliable free zooming (legs). It works all the time :)
I am very happy because this setup will give me an opportunity to use a view camera (4x5 liked) with a wide variety of lenses, both digital and analog. The price for these lenses are very affordable and some of them have characters. The Arca Swiss M-Line 2 has a front orbix system, is light, solid, easy to set up and very reliable.

Kenosha Pass, CO
Phase One IQ3100/Arca Swiss M-Line 2/Rodenstock APO-Sironar-S 210mm/0.9 GND

Pramote
Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert Photography

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.