The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltona

Well it's been awhile since I last ventured out, but the start of autumn always excites me for the coming months ahead.

So today I went up to Hen Cloud and the far end of the Roaches in Staffordshire, the weather was not at it's most kindest the light very mediocre, had a real wintry feel on the moorland though, and
nice to blow the cobwebs off.

All taken with the Mamiya 645DF Phase 1 P21+ and the 35mm.

CF065719-HDR-Edit.jpg

CF065758-Edit-Edit.jpg

CF065766-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

CF065778-Edit.jpg

D&A

Its just my perspective but if the waterfall in the foreground of the image above was eliminated or not included, I believe it would make an even stronger image as the cascading water draws focus away from the very alluring portion of the rest of the image. Its quite lovely.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Its just my perspective but if the waterfall in the foreground of the image above was eliminated or not included, I believe it would make an even stronger image as the cascading water draws focus away from the very alluring portion of the rest of the image. Its quite lovely.

Dave (D&A)
I prefer the bottom part on its own!

mediumcool

There you go! Seperate the bottom part from the top part and make two seperate images. It would be fun to see the results.)
The top part of the picture would be dull and flat on its own (it’s diffused because of distance) if the F/G were to be cropped out. Increased contrast and saturation would be required to make it work—how well?—as a standalone picture.

Perhaps trying black and white, with a bit more contrast, would be interesting. ;)

D&A

The top part of the picture would be dull and flat on its own (it’s diffused because of distance) if the F/G were to be cropped out. Increased contrast and saturation would be required to make it work—how well?—as a standalone picture.

Perhaps trying black and white, with a bit more contrast, would be interesting. ;)
I have not yet viewed the image on my monitor, just my cell phone, which of course then displays the image with greater acuity. My comments though were meant to reflect that the top half of the image would require some additional post processing to make it work. Its of course subjective but I personally found the type of water fall in the foreground was not confluent with the rest of the image as though they were originally two sepeate images stitched together.

If one could image a front of a kayak from the viewpoint of the paddler in place of that water fall...that sort of reminds me of what I am seeing in the foreground except its cascading water and that for me from its angle didn't quite work.

Dave (D&A)<

Last edited:
There you go! Seperate the bottom part from the top part and make two seperate images. It would be fun to see the results.

Dave (D&A)
Thanks for your feedback! I got a similar response from some friends at the local photo club. I may end up with two different images, probably in square format.

dave.gt

Fantastic!

Ed, I am beginning to embrace this type of photography, it seems very complex. Keep'em coning, they are beautiful and intriguing.:thumbup:

dave.gt

Very nice, Stan!

You have the most colorful palette of images! Outstanding!:thumbup:

Are you using a tripod on all or most of your images? I am envious that you can make photographs of private homes without harassment in this day and time, maybe they are used it?

Status
Not open for further replies.