The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark C

Mark,

This caught my eye and I looked it up online. The pier was built for a solution to beach erosion, meaning that it is treated rather roughly by the waves. He images I saw had huge weaves exploding against that pier. Good thing you weren't there in a day like that! Thanks for posting.:)
Thanks Dave. I wouldn't go any further than where I took this, even if I could. I actually got this shot through a metal fence across the pier which stops people going past this point for safety. There is a locked gate so I assume that everyone fishing has a key and hasn't just climbed over :eek:

dave.gt

Thanks Dave. I wouldn't go any further than where I took this, even if I could. I actually got this shot through a metal fence across the pier which stops people going past this point for safety. There is a locked gate so I assume that everyone fishing has a key and hasn't just climbed over :eek:
The cool thing about this thread is the all-inclusive motifs.. above are so many travel-related images that, in addition to their beauty, are educational and inspiring in the sense that we get to see a world outside of our normal daily living and, for me, it leads me to learn more about these places. Inspiration comes in many forms but is all-dependent on one being receptive to the gift. You were inspired to take the shot and spend time interacting with the locals. And now we are inspired to the same, even if from a remote location. Cool!:):):)

Deltona

An image I have been wanting to capture for awhile now, the frost this morning and the prospect of a fine start to the day, Tempted me out.

Pentax 645z 80-160mm

The last throes of autumn

_IMG4442.jpg

dave.gt

An image I have been wanting to capture for awhile now, the frost this morning and the prospect of a fine start to the day, Tempted me out.

Pentax 645z 80-160mm

View attachment 130373
Wow, I missed Autumn somehow. Too busy or inattentive. But this one image makes it all worthwhile. Brilliantly done! How could this be any better? I don't think it could, fantastic, Nick.:)

D

Deleted member 7792

Pentax 645z 80-160mm

Wow! That's outstanding. The composition, light, colors and range of tones are perfect. Definitely "wall worthy". Congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Mark C

Got a call to say the GF 45mm was finally available this week so picked one up this morning. I've always liked the 35mm focal length so this could well be one of my most used lenses. Here's one of my first shots with it, a bit of late afternoon light on the boardwalk at my local wildlife refuge:

Late light on the boardwalk by Mark, on Flickr

drevil

Staff member
CF004140 Panorama.jpg

CF004149.jpg

Two images from our last weeks hike on the great wall of china
both contax 645 with 120mm F4

stevenfr

Grand Canyon image at sunrise during the PODAS workshop I was teaching at. Image was a 12 image stitch with the P1 xf iq3 100. The file un uprezzed is about 5 GB.

Steven

Grayhand

Thank´s for your kind words Jürgen.
It was one of those scenes you just have to shoot when you see it.
And a sunset did help!

Ray

Last edited:

Grayhand

Way to go Bill :thumbs:

It is the perfect vehicle for the traveling landscape photographer! I had that set up for close to 20 years.
Traveld from close to the Spanish border up to the far north. I transported my camper mostly on Dodge pick up´s.

It is a special feeling when you drive in to the gasoline station for the second time the same day.
And each visit is at the cost of 100 liter pure gold, ehhh i mean gasoline :cool:

Ray

tsjanik

The Eastern Alberta prairie - the truck camper is how I get around North America. 4WD enables access to a lot of otherwise difficult-to-access places! XF/100/SK55
Bill:

It seems you and I have something in common in addition to suffering the November weather on the Great Lakes. My wife and I just returned from Washington State where we took delivery of our Alaskan camper. Attached image was taken in Kamiak Butte Co Park. It includes a great campground near Palouse, WA; close to Steptoe and Kamiak is quite a butte on its own - although it requires a hike to reach the top.

Tom

Attachments

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Gorgeous picture and rig ... makes more sense than the Diglloyd MB Van.

Which Alaskan and how did you outfit heating, sleeping and refrigeration ... I have looked at their
site and there are a lot of options.

Looks like it does not rest on the Ford's Cab ...

Thanks in advance Tom.

Just looking forward ...

Regards,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.