The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vieri

Delicate Italian Sunset

Sunset on a fishing's control post, in the Valli di Comacchio, taken just before my Workshop Leica Akademie Italy there last year with a Leica S (007), a Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Re: Delicate Italian Sunset

Sunset on a fishing's control post, in the Valli di Comacchio, taken just before my Workshop Leica Akademie Italy there last year with a Leica S (007), a Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Very , very nice , Vieri , as always . :thumbs:

tsjanik

Great minds think alike, Tom! . While you were there we were quite close in southern BC and Alberta. We should share travel plans!

Now I'll stop hijacking this thread....

Nice rig! Well, we certainly like to travel to the same places, No timeline, but I am anxious to revisit BC and the west coast of Vancouver Island in particular. Next time my wife and I go to Bruce peninsula I'll drop you a PM.

Snow geese over the St.Lawrence River, Quebec. XF/100/SK240
This photo reminded me of some of my trips there. My wife and I have traveled a few times along the St. Lawrence over the years. IMHO its beauty is underappreciated by photographers compared to some well known destinations. One of our favorite campgrounds, Pardis Marin, is located just east of Tadoussac. There you can camp on the exposed granite of the Canadian Shield next to the St. Lawrence, which is a very deep estuary at that point. A volcanic rift there is as deep as 1000 ft. if my memory is correct. A great area for whale watching as the whales are feeding very close to shore (you can even hear them in your tent when they sound). A few old film shots illustrating the shoreline and the hardships some endure to see the whales (both Pentax 645N):

2316.jpg

The campground includes a small Café with and delivery of fresh baguettes in the morning.

2314.jpg

Along the southern shore the trip ends at Cap Bon Ami. Early morning fog rolls in over the Cap (Pentax 645D):

3862.jpg

OK, I'll stop being a promoter for now.

Tom

D&A

Bill, lovely pic! I've been to Algonquin provincial park many times but never further north. Lake Wawa looks like a sensational place.

Tom, I really enjoy eastern Canada, especially along the St Lawrence. Years ago cycled a good distance east from Quebec City towards the Gaspe peninsula. Never made it as far as Cap Bon-Ami but would love to someday in the near future.

How many weeks in advance should I put in my reservation for rental of your rig.....of course with complementary fellow 645Z user discount...LOL! It sure will beat pedaling!

Nice rig and images Tom.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon

Had a quick trip to Stockholm last week, only 1 night but grabbed a handful of shots. This may look completely rubbish as I'm borrowing a cheap nasty laptop at the moment so no idea how it looks! Anyway, you'll get the idea I'm sure.

tsjanik

Tom, I really enjoy eastern Canada, especially along the St Lawrence. Years ago cycled a good distance east from Quebec City towards the Gaspe peninsula. Never made it as far as Cap Bon-Ami but would love to someday in the near future.

How many weeks in advance should I put in my reservation for rental of your rig.....of course with complementary fellow 645Z user discount...LOL! It sure will beat pedaling!

Nice rig and images Tom.

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave. That would be a great bike trip.

Tom

M

mjr

Morning

Still on a terrible laptop, waiting for my new mac to arrive so this may look rubbish!

Arrived in Vietnam earlier this week, a non photography related trip but obviously will be taking every opportunity to grab some shots. I arrived in rainy season, it's pretty torrential most days which is interesting!

I'm here with a landmine and UXO clearance charity, this is a quick shot of a search team looking for unexploded ordinance between heavy downpours, there's a lot!

D

Deleted member 7792

Some of the last fall color is the prettiest. Another one of my annual cliché images.

Mark C

This shot which shows one of the restored 18th century buildings in Hardwick park, N E England, was one of the first I took when I got my GFX + 63mm. I reprocessed it today from the original RAW as the first version I did never looked quite right:

Hardwick Park by Mark, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.