The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

A small Alder shrub (I think) from a first frost, sunrise, dog-photo walk a couple of weeks ago here in Door County.

Rick

Pentax 645D, Pentax-A Macro 120mm, ISO 200, blended from f/16, f/11, f/8, quickly sent to Silver Effects - chose a film preset - toned, then in PS decreased black and white layer somewhat to allow a bit of color.

Attachments

jduncan

A small Alder shrub (I think) from a first frost, sunrise, dog-photo walk a couple of weeks ago here in Door County.

Rick

Pentax 645D, Pentax-A Macro 120mm, ISO 200, blended from f/16, f/11, f/8, quickly sent to Silver Effects - chose a film preset - toned, then in PS decreased black and white layer somewhat to allow a bit of color.

Hi, beautiful image.
I have a question: Will this plant drop its leaves for the winter?
Normally the plants that keep them are conifers ....
If not: do you know the plant's name.
Best regards,

WildRover

Thanks JD. I think the plant is one of the Alder varieties. Alders like moist conditions and this was taken at the edge of a marsh like natural spring. At the time, some of the trees still had their leaves, and the Tamaracks - Larches still had their needles and had yet to reach full color. I am sure that by now, the little thing will be nothing but a poor diminutive leafless twig waiting for the warmth of Spring. I'm hoping to get back to that same area tomorrow or the day after since we will have our first significant snow of the year. I will be on the lookout, but expect pure nakedness.

Rick

M

mjr

Afternoon

A bit of street style in Vietnam, a lunchtime nap.

And some fishing boats.

Deltona

Another early start, another very cold morning. Well worth getting out of bed for this morning.
Pentax 645z 35mm 30s @F22

Winter arrives Ratcliffe on Soar

_IMG4829small.jpg

drunkenspyder

"Elvis Has Left The Building"
Phase One XF
S-K Blue Ring 120mm M
1/320 f/4 ISO 100
This is a 100% crop of a small portion of the pic [2137 × 1352]. This was the eye-opener for me. I had forgotten why I hauled the Mamiya & Rollei film cameras on my back in the 90s. There is something about MF. The glow and detail in this pic said it to me.
2017-10-28 12.45.38000346.jpg

tcdeveau

We had a decent snowstorm down in the southern US yesterday. For those of you unfamiliar with the southern US, this kind of snow can be a “once-in-a-lifetime” type thing. I only remember one time in Atlanta about 25 years ago where we had anything near this. In the “fun with...” spirit, here are a couple from yesterday with the X1D. Finally got to test out the weather sealing of the X1D, which held up well. AF in the falling snow didn’t hold up so well but that’s kinda par for the course with just about any camera. -TODD B76DED0E-068C-40AF-81C2-5F3ECA74E1C5.jpgF268E248-B7E0-4073-87E3-2C7CC4BFBBB1.jpg4B4015C6-51D1-4686-BEC1-C5D23C5D302B.jpgF5C6C06F-CED4-47B0-9F8C-6299C821D1EE.jpg

drunkenspyder

This is more of a "capabilities" post. Original image and crop.
Hand held P1 XF | 120 M | /4.5 | 1/320 | ISO 100

When I was reviewing this photo, I noticed my reflection in the ladybug's shell, along with a walkway and tree behind me. This was handheld and the autofocus was nailed. The plane of focus differential between the ladybug and the aphids on the milkweed is easily seen. Overall, the 120M is my favorite lens. I've only got three so far [35, 80, 120], but the 120 is the most fun.
2017-10-28 12.46.25000360web.jpg2017-10-28 12.46.25000360web1.jpg

M

mjr

A quick shot from this morning, very bright and hot here, felt like a high key black and white sort of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.