The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Almost exactly the same as Stockholm Will, both in winter although I doubt I'd have got as sunburned as I did this morning had I been in Stockholm!

dave.gt

We had a decent snowstorm down in the southern US yesterday. For those of you unfamiliar with the southern US, this kind of snow can be a “once-in-a-lifetime” type thing. I only remember one time in Atlanta about 25 years ago where we had anything near this. In the “fun with...” spirit, here are a couple from yesterday with the X1D. Finally got to test out the weather sealing of the X1D, which held up well. AF in the falling snow didn’t hold up so well but that’s kinda par for the course with just about any camera.

Todd, you guys got a lot more snow than we did here in the sunny part of LA (Lower ATL). And... you sure know how to enjoy it! Libations, dog, fire... oops we had the fire, but sadly, no dog.

Thanks for posting, nice to see these.:):):)

ejpeiker

The view from atop Valentia Island towards the northwest including Valentia Lighthouse, Benginish Island and the Irish Mainland in County Kerry at sunrise.

Phase One XF-IQ380, SK 40-80mm @ 60mm, ISO 50, f/10, 1/50s

IRL_GeokaunMountain05.jpg

Michiel Schierbeek

Bray-Dunes
Pentax 645Z FA 45=85

Sorry guys, I posted this one before. I checked a few pages but not enough. Hope you like this one as well, same spot but different angle. Hope I didn't post this one before.

Last edited:

Deltona

Was almost Alpine in Derbyshire today, Fantastic to be the first one onto virgin snow, apart from the sheep!

Penatx 645z 45-85mm

On Minninglow Hill.

_IMG5083-Edit.jpg

stevenfr

I posted the b&w conversion of this image a week or so ago and mentioned I would post the colour version.

Spring time in The Smoky Mountains.

Steven

dave.gt

I posted the b&w conversion of this image a week or so ago and mentioned I would post the colour version.

Spring time in The Smoky Mountains.

Steven
There it is! My inspiration image to get me through the dismal months ahead! Thanks, Steven.

One never knows where inspiration will come from, so one must always remain open and frequently, it presents itself. With a little help from my friends!:thumbup:

stevenfr

Thank you Dave for your kind thoughts. Do you prefer this image or the B&W version? You live so close to this area, there are so many great opportunities for images in these forests.

There it is! My inspiration image to get me through the dismal months ahead! Thanks, Steven.

One never knows where inspiration will come from, so one must always remain open and frequently, it presents itself. With a little help from my friends!:thumbup:

dave.gt

Thank you Dave for your kind thoughts. Do you prefer this image or the B&W version? You live so close to this area, there are so many great opportunities for images in these forests.
TBH, I like them both but I have a slight preference for color lately. It may be that my work over the last six months in mostly color has changed my preferences but I will be shooting black and white film with my 503 as soon as I pick up some more film on Thursday. For now. The subtle green amidst the bare branches and fog is simply gorgeous! It strikes a chord in me for the transition of the seasons which I always anticipate and enjoy. You latest post is beautiful.. color for me!!

You are so right, it is too close for me to not go! hope to have at least one reliable vehicle by February and we will definitely head to my favorite mountain retreat!:thumbup:

stevenfr

Thanks for the feedback. The forest only gets that vibrant green for a short period when the leaves sprout out in early spring. The rainforest has a similar green. Timing is everything. I spent three weeks in this area to get the shots that I wanted. I will try and post a few more.

TBH, I like them both but I have a slight preference for color lately. It may be that my work over the last six months in mostly color has changed my preferences but I will be shooting black and white film with my 503 as soon as I pick up some more film on Thursday. For now. The subtle green amidst the bare branches and fog is simply gorgeous! It strikes a chord in me for the transition of the seasons which I always anticipate and enjoy. You latest post is beautiful.. color for me!!

You are so right, it is too close for me to not go! hope to have at least one reliable vehicle by February and we will definitely head to my favorite mountain retreat!:thumbup:

Mark C

Went up over the Durham moors today. Considering we live just a few miles away , we have about 3 inches of snow and the moors are at a much higher altitude, I was expecting a lot more snow than I saw. Cold enough though, -10 at one point so didn't stay out long. There isn't much to see in this landscape but that's part of what draws me to it. GFX + GF 45mm:

Winter tree by Mark, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.