The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Nick,
Whoa! That one stopped me in my tracks! It is just gorgeous... I think you hit the sweet spot with that new camera! Well done as usual.:):):)

Last edited:

Deltona

Nick,
Whoa! That one stopped me on my tracks! It is just gorgeous... I think you hit the sweet spot with that new camera! Well done as usual.:):):)
Thanks Dave, it looks that way, I must say though that the glass is exceptional, think the 45-85 is fast becoming my favourite.

Oh Btw will sort those 2 files out for you tomorrow.
Have been making most of this outstanding winter weather we’ve had, sadly I think this is coming to an end. You got to make hay while the sunshines though.

stngoldberg

Blue Heron this afternoon

Hand held HC300 lens with a 1.7 extender attached...getting heavier every year
Hold my breath and press the shutter Botton

Stanley

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just received a HC 300 ... here are a couple of pictures from the X1D with the lens.

Hasselblad 4116 HC 300

Thanks,

Bob

stngoldberg

Hi Bob,

Hi Bob,
I think the HC300 is one of Hasselblad’s best lenses
My problems is I stick it on an H5X and a Phase One back.
I haven’t weighted the package, but I think it exceeds ten pounds,
When I use the 1.7 extender, it becomes manual focus only which mandates holding the 10 pound camera with one hand and and focusing with the other.
I find the birds won’t wait for me to set up a tripod when I get close enough for a proper image.
Somehow it seemed to be a lot easier last year when I was 77.
Stanley

A portrait from my bearded portrait series.

Phase One XF + IQ150 + SK 80mm f/2.8 at f/2.8
CF001344_SM.jpg

I love the files that I get out of this combo. But man is it painful to nail focus.
I love shooting at f/2.8 and it was a painful decision to make between the Hassy and the Phase. I went with the Phase considering that XF was a new platform and I had the impression that they will continue to evolve the XF platform through firmware updates. I was elated when they introduced AFR (Autofocus Recompose), but then quickly discovered that its designed for speed rather than accuracy (which is where the Hassy shines). On top of that they introduced a new optional hardware upgrade to the new AF module. Sigh...It is a real shame how advanced 3000 dollar cameras are over 25000 dollar cameras.

Anyway hope you enjoy the portrait.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi Bob,

Hi Bob,
I think the HC300 is one of Hasselblad’s best lenses
My problems is I stick it on an H5X and a Phase One back.
I haven’t weighted the package, but I think it exceeds ten pounds,
When I use the 1.7 extender, it becomes manual focus only which mandates holding the 10 pound camera with one hand and and focusing with the other.
I find the birds won’t wait for me to set up a tripod when I get close enough for a proper image.
Somehow it seemed to be a lot easier last year when I was 77.
Stanley
Stanley,

With the X1D and adapter all of the weight is the lens ... very little added but I still use it as tripod or monopod only lens.

You may benefit from the use of a gimbal on a monopod ... very useable and not that much more to carry. Makes it possible to shoot
for a couple of hours without much fatigue as the gimbal carries all the weight ... and moves like silk.

9 Essential Pieces Of Wildlife Photography Gear (+ One Myth!)

This is the one I have .... GT1 Tomahawk - Gimbal Sidekick attachment for Ball Heads

I remember that Michael Reichmann used one in Antartica on a ship that was not the most stable platform with good success.

And you are correct it is a gorgeous lens.

Bob

Last edited:

D&A

"Approaching Storm Front at Sunrise". Overlooking Afton Mountain's Valley atop the Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia.
Pentax 645Z, FA 200mm.

**( Please note: Click on pic "once" to see image without all the obvious jpeg artifacts running along top of mountain ridge and around top of tree, where the transition areas are located. Artifacts created in posting). Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Stanley,

With the X1D and adapter all of the weight is the lens ... very little added but I still use it as tripod or monopod only lens.

You may benefit from the use of a gimbal on a monopod ... very useable and not that much more to carry. Makes it possible to shoot
for a couple of hours without much fatigue as the gimbal carries all the weight ... and moves like silk.

9 Essential Pieces Of Wildlife Photography Gear (+ One Myth!)[/url

This is the one I have .... [url=http://www.promediagear.com/GT1-Tomahawk--Gimbal-Sidekick-attachment-for-Ball-Heads_p_42.html]GT1 Tomahawk - Gimbal Sidekick attachment for Ball Heads

I remember that Michael Reichmann used one in Antartica on a ship that was not the most stable platform with good success.

And you are correct it is a gorgeous lens.

Bob
Thanks Bob,
I ordered one
Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.