The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinya28

First Light of the year at Lake Tahoe

Fortunate to have nicely colored clouds and reflections on the first day of the year.

Kinya

P1XF, IQ3100, KS150mm

D

Deleted member 7792

First Light of the year at Lake Tahoe

Fortunate to have nicely colored clouds and reflections on the first day of the year.

Kinya

P1XF, IQ3100, KS150mm
Kinya, that's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. And Happy New Year!

Joe

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The very last photo taken with my Leica S(006). Yesterday it met the concrete floor of a car rental garage way too fast. The lens hood of the 24/3.5 shattered, but it and the other two lenses checked out fine today. The S was not so lucky and is not worth repairing. :cry:

Best,

Matt

dave.gt

The very last photo taken with my Leica S(006). Yesterday it met the concrete floor of a car rental garage way too fast. The lens hood of the 24/3.5 shattered, but it and the other two lenses checked out fine today. The S was not so lucky and is not worth repairing. :cry:

Best,

Matt
Ouch, Matt!

The lovely image you just posted is a sign of new beginnings. So sorry about your accident, what will you do with the S body now? Hopefully you can sort this mess out and get back to shooting soon!

MGrayson

Ouch, Matt!

The lovely image you just posted is a sign of new beginnings. So sorry about your accident, what will you do with the S body now? Hopefully you can sort this mess out and get back to shooting soon!
Thanks Dave,

I don't know what will become of the body. It's up to my insurance company. If they pay for a replacement, I guess it's theirs.

In the meantime, I have smaller sensor cameras and a Mamiya 7, so I can keep shooting. I just never get the same feeling from them as I do with the S.

--Matt

JohnBrew

Sorry for your loss, Matt. Since you still hsve good S lenses and you obviously like them so much, if it were me I'd begin the search for another S-006 pronto.

ndwgolf

Best,

Matt
Matt there are loads of Leica S gear out there second hand.......I was just offered $10k for my S007 plus 3 lenses
Hopefully the insurance will pay out, better still they may let you upgrade to the S007

Neil

docmoore

Thanks Dave,

I don't know what will become of the body. It's up to my insurance company. If they pay for a replacement, I guess it's theirs.

In the meantime, I have smaller sensor cameras and a Mamiya 7, so I can keep shooting. I just never get the same feeling from them as I do with the S.

--Matt
Matt

CameraWest Leica SF and Leica Miami have S bodies at ridiculously low prices at the present. With the S 008 announcement approaching - maybe
in a couple of months ... might be worth taking a payment from the insurance and buying a beater ... then upgrading to the new body or S 007
when you know its specs.

Very sorry to hear of the loss ... nothing worse than watching the crash unfold and realizing it was not a minor thing.

Glad to hear that the lenses appear intact ... might want to have it tested to assure that the collimation is still good.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.