The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

I suppose my titling and framing can be a bit pretentious, but that is as much a way for myself to know that the image is "done", at least for now, and that it has a unique name to identify it. I've reverted to an older way that I've done in the past to frame it. As much from boredom I guess than anything. This was from this past fall. It was a weird autumn season. Very warm here and late for the colors to come. Some crazy wind and rain events, and then the leaves remaining seemed to turn brownish instead of the vibrant hues I was hoping for. I zig zagged back and forth throughout Michigan's Upper Peninsula for about three weeks looking for good color. In the end it became more of a "finding landscapes" trip than a fall color trip. Any good color I found was a bonus.

Rick

Pentax 645D, FA 200mm

Attachments

M

mjr

Morning

I had some time for some personal photography this morning, drove out to a spot close to where we are working, there are miles of rubber tree plantations, some are a mess and others are perfectly neat and tidy, all have great rows upon rows of trees. I believe it used to be big business but a major drop in the price of rubber meant that most people closed down and just left the trees to nature. Really beautiful place to wander even in the near constant rain showers.

Apologies if these look rubbish, I'm really hating the pc I am stuck with at the moment, utter crap so no idea what the images look like, sticking with black and white to be safe. They look great on 1 screen, lacking in contrast on another so I'm giving up, they are what they are!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
So here is the test .... about 15 meters away.

Hasselblad 4116 HC 300

Gasoline and Oil Resistant

Thanks,

Bob

D

Deleted member 7792

Have to confess that I love the colors and starkness of winter.

Regards,

Bob
Put the HC 300 to a bit of a test today ....

Regards,

Bob
So here is the test .... about 15 meters away.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob, in the true spirit of "Fun with MF images", your photos always make me smile, regardless of subject. It's obvious that you're having fun with the X1D, as I am. I'm an old guy (70+ years) looking out at the bitterly cold winter landscape in central North Carolina, longing for warmer days to get out and photograph something. You find subjects in a similar environment and have fun with your camera. Bravo! Keep sharing.

BTW, I have an HC 300mm arriving sometime next week. I'm encouraged by your results.

Joe

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thank you Joe.

I too long for a bit more moderate temperatures ... which arrived for the afternoon yesterday. I find that I must force myself
to search for subjects here ... as obligations and lists keep me from traveling to National Parks, forests, and distant lands
with any regularity. Basically one trip a year with luck ... rest of the time family obligation trips.

The camera is settling in for me ... do hope that there will be a FW update that allows for longer live view on the LCD ...
every time I am about to hit the magnify button it reverts to the main selection screen. Oh well.

The HC 300 is very very good ... and I would recommend that anyone using it on the X1D look at a gimbal. It is manageable
with one ... almost not without.

Look forward to your thoughts when it arrives.

Best regards,

Bob

D&A

Joe wrote--->>>"looking out at the bitterly cold winter landscape in central North Carolina, longing for warmer days to get out and photograph something."<<<.

While warming up my car this morning and noticing the temperature (yes that's a minus 10 F), I was actually thinking "hmmm Joe isn't all that far from me...maybe I should ask him if he wants to head out and catch the beautiful sunrise" :). Of course I'll be the one volunteering to go get us something hot to drink and keep the car's heat running while Joe's outside getting those great shots of his...LOL!

Heck, aren't those warm summer days highly overrated anyway? :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

aCIDfire

Evening seating :) Taken with my newly acquired 645DF+ and P45+ with Contax 80/2 adapted to Mamiya mount /wide open shooting only../

Mark

Kinya28

Flying Island

Fannette Island, Lake Tahoe, California

Kinya

Phase One XF, IQ3100, Mamiya 300mm, Flipped 180 degrees.

M

mjr

Morning

I've gone from rainy, foggy forests to the beach and the South China Sea, ridiculously hot here today after all my complaining about the rain! I like these look out towers, nobody around and miles of beautiful beaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.