The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejpeiker

Another shot from Neist Point on the western tip of the Isle of Skye in Scotland. This one is taken down at sea level. I sliced a piece of my palm off like a hot knife through butter on the sharp rock getting down to here.
P1 645 DF+, IQ260, SK 55mm, ISO 50, f/16, 2s
SCO_NeistPoint12.jpg

D&A

Beautiful Joe! (Not to mention that I'm partial to freckles of which I "used" to have an abundance of, at that age) :)

Dave (D&A)

dave.gt

Yeah! Nice photo of your beautiful granddaughter! We, too, have a red-headed, freckled grand-daughter so I know how much love must fill your heart with every picture you make of her! Excellent!!!:):):)

WildRover

I hear there have been places getting hammered with Polar Vortexes, Arctic Blast's and even a Bomb Cyclone. Wow. Lucky here in Wisconsin we only had a slight cold spell. Here's a shot of our local lighthouse and Lake Michigan when the temps got a bit cooler than normal. I was hoping for more steam definition in the photo, but that darn breeze, not too strong, still blew some of that away.

Stay warm and safe everybody.

Rick

Pentax 645D, FA-200mm, stuck having to use f/22 (I haven't had much luck focus stacking this type of composition), between -10 and -5 F, inch long icicles on stach and beard after about an hour and a half doing this and other images at sunrise.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark C

I laughed out loud when I saw this.I doubt many people would recognise the signifigance of the wording on the side of this case on the platform of Tanfield railway station. You'd have to be, like me, a fan of the late comedy actor Will Hay whos films included 'Oh, Mr Porter', made in 1937. In the film Will gets promoted to stationmaster of Buggleskelly station in Ireland where all sorts of unlikely things happen. The film is available on youtube if anyone wants to watch it: Oh Mr. Porter! - 1937(Full Movie) - YouTube
GFX + GF 45mm f2.8:

'Oh, Mr Porter' by Mark, on Flickr

Ed Hurst

I laughed out loud when I saw this.I doubt many people would recognise the signifigance of the wording on the side of this case on the platform of Tanfield railway station. You'd have to be, like me, a fan of the late comedy actor Will Hay whos films included 'Oh, Mr Porter', made in 1937. In the film Will gets promoted to stationmaster of Buggleskelly station in Ireland where all sorts of unlikely things happen. The film is available on youtube if anyone wants to watch it: Oh Mr. Porter! - 1937(Full Movie) - YouTube
GFX + GF 45mm f2.8
Also got and loved the Will Hey reference when I saw the shot. Wonderful film. Every bit as good as 'Ask a Policeman' and 'Where's that Fire?'.

dave.gt

Another shot from Neist Point on the western tip of the Isle of Skye in Scotland. This one is taken down at sea level. I sliced a piece of my palm off like a hot knife through butter on the sharp rock getting down to here.
Whoa!:bugeyes: EJ, that is a heavy price to pay for even a gorgeous image...thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.