The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

From my Michigan Upper Peninsula Fall color trip. This was on Oct 2, and normally the trees would have been at peak color or at least close. Not much autumn color, but the sunrise sky made up for it.

Rick

Pentax 645D, A-35mm, Lee Hood and split neutral density filter - .6 hard I think, three horizontal images, PTGui stitch

Attachments

jng

It was a bit hazy on this particular evening, hence the less than razor sharp details. However the sky just lit up after the sun went down, which created quite a show...

H01_13_2018_0061+border.jpg

X1D | 250 Superachromat

Mark C

Another one from Roker pier taken today. As I started on the walk the light suggested B and W (as below) but by the time I got to the end in front of the lighthouse the light had changed and colour seemed appropriate (as above). GFX + GF 45mm:

Roker pier by Mark, on Flickr

Grayhand

Really liking this one Ray!
You seem to me to have found your "Mojo" with your 903SWC & CFV50C in your recent work, keep them coming!
Thanks Alan!

Yes, this system was completely out of left field for me.
I was mostly a "tele photo" type of naturalist.
But this camera really has changed my way of seeing.
I realise now that I have been very narrow minded before, but now I am an openminded type of person.
Sort of..

Ray

Grayhand

Hi Ray, love it! Just one question - is that the native size with the SWC?
Thanks John!

The native format of the SWC is 6x6. It is a film based camera originally.
Hasselblad has produced a number of digital backs that has been possible to also use on the SWC cameras.
CFV50C that I use has an aspect ratio of about 1.33 (sensor size 43,8 x 32,9 mm)
So what you see in my picture is my personal cropping of the original photo out of the CFV digiback.

Ray

dave.gt

Thanks Alan!

Yes, this system was completely out of left field for me.
I was mostly a "tele photo" type of naturalist.
But this camera really has changed my way of seeing.
I realise now that I have been very narrow minded before, but now I am an openminded type of person.
Sort of..

Ray
:thumbup:

Open mind indeed. Remember that there is a crack in everything and that is how the light gets in... (from Leonard Cohen).:cool:

Grayhand

:thumbup:

Open mind indeed. Remember that there is a crack in everything and that is how the light gets in... (from Leonard Cohen).:cool:
Funny you would say that.

About two years ago I got almost all my camera gear stolen, 3 large system with lots of lenses and a field full of all the "small" stuff you need around the base equipment.
I was only left with my Fuji X-system.

It was a large stash that I was planing to use when I retired in a few years. All paid and ready to use full time!

First I was a wee bit irritated.
But then I realised that I now could start over again.
And I decided to NOT buy again what I had had before, but to get completely new, to me, equipment.

This has been surprisingly liberating, both from an technical and artistic point of view.
So, that is an experience I can highly recommend for your photographically development!

Just try it!

Ray

etrump

Trying to think outside the box a bit.

Valensole Plateau this past June, hoping to head back this year.

IQ3100/XF/75-150mm:

dave.gt

Trying to think outside the box a bit.

Valensole Plateau this past June, hoping to head back this year.

IQ3100/XF/75-150mm:

Holy cow!!! Ed, that looks unreal and totally beautiful! You must tell me some of your secrets! Well done!!!:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.