The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

Asymmetrical asymmetry

903SWC, CFV50C

Only for the photographically hardened souls

Ray

I will add a small PS here one day after publishing this photo here.
After your web cache has been updated you should see a slightly updated version of this photo.
In the original version I added some noise at the large version before "downsizing" for web.
Not a good idea..

So now I added noise after "downsizing"
Good idea! Now it is closer to what I want.

Last edited:

D&A

Looks great ... did you notice the fox (or cat or devil) head drawn in the clouds ?
(Middle-top)
Since that lovely image posted, I've been seeing all sorts of things in those clouds and also in the reflections of the clouds when pic is viewed upsidedown.

Then again I've been told repeatly that "I have my head in the clouds", so my observations should be taken with a grain of salt. :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jack!

I must admit that I do have a soft spot for this type of toning.
And some time it works better than others.

Ray
Agree -- same as sepia works for others. IMO, selenium seems to convey "cold and dreary" pretty well for me, while sepia seems to more convey "old" instead of "warm" -- again for me.

I also use split-toning in C1, usually cool-shadows/warm-highlights and to a much lighter tint than for dedicated sepia/selenium, and also like the result for *some* images.

dj may

Agree -- same as sepia works for others. IMO, selenium seems to convey "cold and dreary" pretty well for me, while sepia seems to more convey "old" instead of "warm" -- again for me.

I also use split-toning in C1, usually cool-shadows/warm-highlights and to a much lighter tint than for dedicated sepia/selenium, and also like the result for *some* images.
I also like cool/warm split toning on-screen. I have not made any prints that were not black and white. I only recently started making prints that were not darkroom prints. I will try split toned prints soon.

Jesse

Grayhand

I am reluctant to use sepia, I find it hard to make it work for me. And I agree with your observation about the "dated look" (My interpretation of old :)

Now days I do not use split toning much, but I thing that is in line with my deteriorating editing skills. I am more of a "quick whack with the sledge hammer" type of guy now.
But I do quite often bring the opacity level of the B/W layer (on top of a color layer of the same photo) down a smudge, just to make the viewer unsure about what he/she is actually looking at.
(This is of course also an technique that is dependant of a suitable photo)

My goal is to leave the viewer with an subtle feeling of unease :poke:

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michael. I was wondering how you mounted the Mamiya 50/4 shift lens on the Pentax 645. I didn't think there were lens adapters available to do this....at least I haven't seen any. Did you physically change the Mamiya lens mount? I assume it is the Mamiya 645 50/4 shift lens, which I also own.

Gary
I bought it already converted to Hasselblad mount and use it with an adapter. They pass by on the bay once in a while.

ndwgolf

Guys
Here is my first picture taken with my H6D100c. Its a picture of my serious looking granddaughter taken at the poolside in Phuket Thailand. I took it with my HC 100 f2.2 and did 90% of the editing in Phocus (First time I have used that too).......just added the drop shadow and signature in PScc

What do you think?

Full size picture can be seen here Hasselblad X1D

Neil

Attachments

dj may

In honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day. On this day, 27 January, 1945, the Red Army liberated the ~7000 remaining survivors of Auschwitz.
Lowres-1007998.jpg
Leica S 006, Summarit-S 70

Status
Not open for further replies.