The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon

Just a bit of fun today, messing about at the beach this morning, was going to stack a longer exposure for the water with a shorter for the girl but ended up really liking the movement in the girl too so left it as a single exposure.

Another from inside a partially built look out tower.

Mark C

I nearly binned this shot as I looked at the RAW and thought it looked too simple and devoid of interest. Having processed it though, I quite like the fall of late afternoon light plus the fact that it's almost all just nature (almost, look very closely and there's a distant ship on the horizon, miles out to sea). GFX + GF 23mm:

Seaham beach by Mark, on Flickr

stevenfr

This image is titled Winter's Silence. It was captured using a Phase One XF IQ3 100. I have another image I will post latter that was thirteen images stitched to create a panoramic image. Its hard to get a sense of the panoramic image, so I will post this image which gives a sense for the scene.

Steven

dave.gt

This image is titled Winter's Silence. It was captured using a Phase One XF IQ3 100. I have another image I will post latter that was thirteen images stitched to create a panoramic image. Its hard to get a sense of the panoramic image, so I will post this image which gives a sense for the scene.

Steven
Wow, my computer died a couple of days ago. So my iPhone5 with its tiny screen is all I have to view MF images... there is something immoral about that, right?:banghead:

it took a minute for me to really understand this image but after zooming in a few times, I completely understand why this particular location and scene caught your attention. Steven, this is as close as I can imagine "feeling the silence", or maybe it is better said as "hearing the silence".

It is strange in a sense with the bare trees almost rendered as a screen of some kind over the scene. Love it!

Well done!!! :):):)

dave.gt

Spring in the northern hemisphere is right around the corner, full of new beginnings. As I reflect on the past seasons, the question posed by the late John Lennon comes to mind, ... (paraphrasing) "Another year older, what have you done?"...

Yesterday, we met with two patient-clients, both young. One has a happy story of full restoration after being run over by a car at night while walking home. The other has a sad story that has yet to play out... she is one year out from graduating from university, and her boyfriend graduated a year earlier. She has recently suffered a debilitating rare disease that started with a swollen spine and rapidly became a nightmare; her boyfriend has just been diagnosed with leukemia. Such sweet spirits, they are living to serve each other, lovingly and forever.

They want beautiful portraits of themselves to enjoy. They want to smile, laugh and enjoy the beauty in their lives amidst such tragic situations. Like the other patient-clients we work with, they love life and want to celebrate who they are!

This thread is titled "Fun with MF Images"... a fantastic thread which I enjoy immensely. Kudos to all who post the beauty they capture in their own lives!

Life is too short... as the lyrics from a Grateful Dead song points out, we tend to think more and more about less and less and forgetting the love we bring. For me, the love of Photography can bring us more and more of the beauty each of us experience everyday.

That is truly "Fun with MF Images"!

Thank you all for putting a smile on my face...:):):)

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Love this.

Steven

stevenfr

Thanks Dave. I had this shot in my head for some time. Although the band of dark trees was something I did not expect. I wanted a image of barren trees set agains a white field hillside of snow taken with a long lens like the Schneider 240mm lens. I was fortunate to find a location to make it work on the last day of my shoot. I got many compositions from this spot and spent hours photographing. I think the panoramic is the best of the bunch, which I will post in a week or two. I have other images I want to share.

Steven

Wow, my computer died a couple of days ago. So my iPhone5 with its tiny screen is all I have to view MF images... there is something immoral about that, right?:banghead:

it took a minute for me to really understand this image but after zooming in a few times, I completely understand why this particular location and scene caught your attention. Steven, this is as close as I can imagine "feeling the silence", or maybe it is better said as "hearing the silence".

It is strange in a sense with the bare trees almost rendered as a screen of some kind over the scene. Love it!

Well done!!! :):):)

ejpeiker

Another aerial shot from a Bell Longranger helicopter flown with no doors over northwestern Australia.
P1 XF-IQ3100, 80mm, ISO 400, f/8, 1/2500s
AUS_Wyndham48.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.