The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjbelle

On the first day of Death Valley but have already have had some interesting weather. Clouds most of the day and then clearing. This image is just outside of Artist Drive and just before sunset.

Attachments

stevenfr

Big oak tree in snow. It was -27c before wind chill when I took this image. It was a chill morning. Camera Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Steven

dave.gt

Cool!:)

Steven, I, for one, appreciate your hard work for all the images you post... especially at such bitterly cold temperatures!':):):)

You guys have my attention when it comes to solitary trees now!

B L

Big oak tree in snow. It was -27c before wind chill when I took this image. It was a chill morning. Camera Phase One XF IQ3 100.

Steven
Steven,You are a real photographer. I would have stayed in bed!
Please dont send your cold wether over here:)

stevenfr

Thank you. I did get frostbite. Before I go back I will solicit members of the forum on photo glove advice. I had some arcteryx gloves, which were fine but I had to remove them to use the camera. The trees were pretty cool, so you fight through the cold.

Steven

Steven,You are a real photographer. I would have stayed in bed!
Please dont send your cold wether over here:)

kdphotography

Thank you. I did get frostbite. Before I go back I will solicit members of the forum on photo glove advice. I had some arcteryx gloves, which were fine but I had to remove them to use the camera. The trees were pretty cool, so you fight through the cold.

Steven
This is the company I would have bought photography gloves from for my Iceland trip-----but they were sold out. Still on my list. They have US and EU web stores. See, https://photographygloves.com/us/

Chemical hand warmers are good to have and can help gloves with less insulated still keep your hands warm.

ken

kdphotography

A couple from my recent trip to Iceland. I opted for the Fuji GFX 50s over hauling around the Phase XF. I think the Cambo would have been great to have. Temps got down to -11 degrees C. Hardest part was keeping the filters dry from the waterfall spray. Wipe it dry and the water froze instantly on the filter. :loco: Godafoss. Images taken on different days. Sunrise and sunset.

Ken_DSF0639 WEB.jpg_DSF0517 WEB.jpg

stevenfr

Thanks Ken. These look interesting. I had foot warmers, hand warmers and body warmers. They helped, but when the wind was up nothing helped. -27c before wind chill is pretty cold.

This is the company I would have bought photography gloves from for my Iceland trip-----but they were sold out. Still on my list. They have US and EU web stores. See, https://photographygloves.com/us/

Chemical hand warmers are good to have and can help gloves with less insulated still keep your hands warm.

ken

dj may

Steven
I formerly lived in Alaska. I recommend layers on the hands, just like the rest of the body. For example, thin glove liners + mittens, which can expose fingers + a mitten shell that covers everything. Remove layers as necessary to make gear adjustments. It may surprise you the effect that the windproof mitten shell has.

Jesse

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks Ken. These look interesting. I had foot warmers, hand warmers and body warmers. They helped, but when the wind was up nothing helped. -27c before wind chill is pretty cold.
While I'd like to play one-upmanship about the -29C for my December 30, 2017 post, I shot it from inside the house through a briefly open door. I'm afraid I'm just not cut out for winter landscape photography.

Meanwhile, the S(007) with 30-90 @ 81mm underground:

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

stevenfr

This is something different for me. I think I only have three images with a element of the hand of man after 25 years of photography. I hope it has some appeal, it probably won't happen again for some time.

D&A

Think of this man made structure as "instructional", informing the viewer of the image as to which way to look. :)

In my opinion, for this particular picture, it does add a surprising, interesting and even a bit of a lightheartedness element to it.

I like it!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon!

Really odd light here today, seemed like a good opportunity to photograph this old, run down funfair type of place. Love all the old broken down rides and rubbish flying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.