The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon

I've taken a number of shots of military installations here over the last couple of months, obviously there are memorials, old bases, machinery everywhere but it's tricky to get the right feel, at least to my eye, I don't want to trivialize everything that happened here. This morning I visited an ex US base on the top of a mountain, there is a museum and lots of hardware donated by the US plus funding to inform and educate, it's an impressive site.

Anyway, the cloud was very thick and steady rain, this C130 is at the end of the old runway and kept appearing out of the fog, I spotted this footpath going up to it and waited to get some shots as the plane appeared and disappeared, just as i was packing up this guy walked up to the plane and it just felt like the right shot, quickly grabbed the camera and got this. To me it feels right in black and white, other worldly and the best I can do to pay my respects.

Deltona

Afternoon

I've taken a number of shots of military installations here over the last couple of months, obviously there are memorials, old bases, machinery everywhere but it's tricky to get the right feel, at least to my eye, I don't want to trivialize everything that happened here. This morning I visited an ex US base on the top of a mountain, there is a museum and lots of hardware donated by the US plus funding to inform and educate, it's an impressive site.

Anyway, the cloud was very thick and steady rain, this C130 is at the end of the old runway and kept appearing out of the fog, I spotted this footpath going up to it and waited to get some shots as the plane appeared and disappeared, just as i was packing up this guy walked up to the plane and it just felt like the right shot, quickly grabbed the camera and got this. To me it feels right in black and white, other worldly and the best I can do to pay my respects.

Great capture of the old warhorse, spent many an unpleasant hour in the back of the Herc, before Green on set us free.

M

mjr

Luckily I have only been in 1 a couple of years ago, a Ghanaian Military C130 in Mali, flying out of Gao, worst experience ever!! I don't envy you spending lots of time in them.

Cheers

Mat

Deltona

Luckily I have only been in 1 a couple of years ago, a Ghanaian Military C130 in Mali, flying out of Gao, worst experience ever!! I don't envy you spending lots of time in them.

Cheers

Mat
Had some time in these, usually before going out the side door at 800 feet. Being stuck in one of these for four hours, prior to a drop on Salisbury Plain. Low level flying around Wales is not any kind of fun. Still a great shot of possibly the finest transport plane ever. Very evocative Mat.

Ed Hurst

Noticing that the cloud forecast looked interesting, I decided I wanted to get up and do sunrise yesterday. Trouble is, Sunday was my partner Debbie's turn for a much-needed lie in (i.e. the kids - aged three and two - were my responsibility) and if I left while they all slept, the little ones were liable to wake up in my absence and get Debbie up. Which would not have been good for family relations.

So, the only answer was to get the kids up and take them with me! And select a location in which they could be relatively safe (not stumbling around over rocks in the dark at high tide...) So I opted for this location. Worked out pretty well in the end. Felt a little mean to the boys though...

645Z with 28-45mm lens @28mm - ISO 800 to freeze motion of ship, 1/5 sec f4.5
[/url]_EWR4736_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z with 6x7 75mm f2.8AL lens, ISO 100, 8 secs f11
[/url]_EWR4707_Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z with 28-45mm lens @31mm, ISO 100, 20 secs f6.3
[/url]_EWR4700_Step9sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
With the new 007 getting its cyan artifacts fixed, and all the S lenses getting upgraded, I'm left with the trusty old 006 and Contax glass. Here's the three zone system at work.

Leica S(006), Contax 140/2.8

Best,

Matt

Kinya28

Hokkaido Winter 2018 #7 and #8, Biei, Japan

I don't usually convert to B&W but it seems B&W works better to render a contrast between fine twigs and soft fresh snow in these cases.

Kinya

Phase One XF, IQ3-100, SK40-80mm

dave.gt

Kinya and Mat,

There must be some energy going on between your posts. The three-tree image that each of you posted are similar yet starkly different. The cold, isolated, serene scene is pure beauty, as in the purity of the driven snow and a wonderful reminder of nature and its promise of returning to grace us each year, followed by new beginnings of the coming Spring.

Mat's dignified presentation of three trees ravaged in the past, stand cloaked in fog, seemingly hiding the horrors of mankind. The lone sentinel, the tank, is a reminder that the purity of nature has been destroyed by war and, though it, too, returns repeatedly, it is followed by a sobering realization that there are opportunities for new beginnings, but the future is uncertain.

Just my early morning musings, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.