The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

This was from a driverless train in Tokyo. With a 6-stop ND filter, f/16, and ISO 100, the exposure is long enough to trail.
Will, thanks for that explanation...:)

It is a beautiful abstract!

Now I am getting inspired to make somewhat similar images that you guys are doing. Maybe, I might move forward with an oil or acrylic painting class this summer with impressionist style painting being my endeavor.

Shashin

Pentax 645D and A 35mm (since we are doing transportation in motion).

This artificial island is along the flight path to Haneda International Airport in Tokyo. While the sand beach is nice, people are prohibited from swimming as the water in Tokyo bay is too hazardous. It is also along the primary container shipping route into Tokyo harbor, which explains the ship.

dave.gt

Nice motion there, Will.:) thanks!

It has a kind of scary look to it. I guess that is my post-911 impression.

drunkenspyder

So much great stuff has ben posted here lately. For me, it's been very inspiring. Thanks to all. Here's something from the garden, shot at a higher ISO than I would prefer, but it was a bit breezy and in the shade.

P1 XF | Trichro | Schneider 120M | f/11 | 1/250 | ISO 1600

D&A

Nice feel to this shot! What's the dismantled bridge in the scene?
Thank so much Ed, greatly appreciated! Below is a link to a few paragraphs regarding the historical nature of what was originally a wooden railroad bridge over the Potomac River built prior to the Civil War and its historic role in that region related to that war and the bridge's subsequent history in its various incarnations over the years in historic Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.

I previously posted other images of the preserved town and envions. Here is the link:

https://www.nps.gov/places/harpers-ferry-baltimore-ohio-bridge-ruins.htm

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

Thank so much Ed, greatly appreciated! Below is a link to a few paragraphs regarding the historical nature of what was originally a wooden railroad bridge over the Potomac River built prior to the Civil War and its historic role in that region related to to that war and the bridge's subsequent history in its various incarnations over the years in historic Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.

I previously posted other images of the preserved town and envions. Here is the link:

https://www.nps.gov/places/harpers-ferry-baltimore-ohio-bridge-ruins.htm

Dave (D&A)

Very interesting - I love a picture with a back-story!

Would love to know if the current railway bridge (that crosses the river) represents an alternative on what is essentially the same route, or if the line that the old brige was on has entirely vanished into history.

D&A

Yes I too love a back story to an image, especially when it has an historical perspective. In a day or so, I will post a link to a picture (or the actual picture itself) and a little bit of detail about it, that I posted some time ago of the current railway bridge that exists today. Its just off to the left of the pylons you see in the pic above. People of course still make their home in Harpers Ferry but much of the town exists as it did 170+ years ago. Thanks for your interest Ed.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.