The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

A black cat, a bird and Art Deco.
This cat was enjoying the first rays of sun after a long time, only for a few seconds before a silly dog came by to chase the cat away. (sorry doglovers)

Pentax 645Z Mamiya shift 55/4 (handheld)

dave.gt

It has just occurred to me in this long, strange trip of mine, that time is short and despite being unable to make digital images now, with the absence of a computer and a current overload of stress... I have an opportunity to breathe, photographically and spiritually.

I have been putting together my analog MF kit (Hasselblad 503cxi 6x6) with a mini-MF analog kit (Baby Rolleiflex 4x4). The vision is to shoot film images of personal subjects that intrigue me... like:

Wabi Sabi

I have done a lot of that in the past with 35mm. But now, with Spring arriving, I have a driving ambition to capture the natural beauty in transient, imperfect things. It seems to fit my life rather well, but it appeals to me in a deeper way.

I am still trying to figure a way to post a few images on this forum (if that is appropriate), but it will take a minute...

In the meantime, I would love to see images of your interpretations of "Wabi Sabi".:):):)

Let the good times roll!

dave.gt

Well Dave, it seems Shashin should weigh in here, but here's an old shot that comes to mind. Pentax 67, Astia, 90mm, Nikon 9000 scan.
Yeah, there ya go, I like that. It is always a simple thing to see the beauty in a single tree but too often we don't notice, like when the leaves are falling.

I like the geometry of this image and the colors. Thanks for sharing.:):):)

Pemihan

In the meantime, I would love to see images of your interpretations of "Wabi Sabi".:):):)
Not sure this fits but this image kinda annoys me in some way and yet it intrigues me as well. Our house is just around the corner.

Cambo WRS, P1 Achromatic, 40HR.

dave.gt

Not sure this fits but this image kinda annoys me in some way and yet it intrigues me as well. Our house is just around the corner.

Cambo WRS, P1 Achromatic, 40HR.
Yes, it is a rural look and the character has a certain rustic beauty emphasized by the snowfall. We are enjoying warmer Spring weather than that today, so it is a cozy feel to me, especially knowing it is close to home. Thanks, Peter!

This is a good example why this thread, titled "Fun with MF images", is so enjoyable.:thumbup: this image makes me want to walk toward the end of your driveway...

The snow may be annoying for you but it is temporary for sure. That part I think is "wabi"...:)

dave.gt

Wasabi? That is great with sushi!

Well, this is large-format, not medium-format, but it should do...

Will,

That is not only a cool motion image (with floating stripes), but you have caught the horizontal movements and wabi character all in one image. Very cool.

Thank you for posting, it gives me some ideas!:):):)

D

Deleted member 7792

More songbirds. Both manual focus, hand-held with the X1D and HC 210mm

Female House Finch:

Male House Finch:

Joe

D&A

Stunningly beautiful Joe!

Now lets see...The topic recently was trees. Then bridges. Is it now wildlife with Michiel's page opening image containing a bird and cat, dj may's whale and Joe's songbirds? :) All in good fun of course.

"I Taut I Taw a Puddy Tat" (An affectionate nod to Tweety Bird and Sylvester).

Pentax 645D; A* 600mm f5.6

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark C

What a great diversity of images on here recently, well done everyone! I'd love to show you some of my bird photography but I don't have the focal length in my MF gear so, I'd better stick with subjects suited to what I've got, GFX + GF 45mm:

Walking on the pier by Mark, on Flickr

tsjanik

Stunningly beautiful Joe!

Now lets see...The topic recently was trees. Then bridges. Is it now wildlife with Michiel's page opening image containing a bird and cat, dj may's whale and Joe's songbirds? :) All in good fun of course.

"I Taut I Taw a Puddy Tat" (An affectionate nod to Tweety Bird and Sylvester).

Pentax 645D; A* 600mm f5.6
Nice shot with a great lens, but quite the handful!

gmfotografie

This bad bronchitis... and i got the X1D for testing :-(

Now way to stay in bed ... I went out for 20 minutes and saw this lock.
The X1D is an absolute great camera - of course such a picture (for the web) you can take also with canon, fuji apsc ... but the full resolution, colors and dynamic range is huge - you cannot see it on the web !

Status
Not open for further replies.