The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Absolutely beautiful, Dave!!!:):):)
Thanks ever so much Dave. Your kind words mean a lot! Sometimes natures most beautiful sights are within striking distance of our own backyards and with springtime just around the corner, no doubt there will be many more.

Dave (D&A)

Michiel Schierbeek

Dave looks like a serious (Field?) camera Estes is using. May be we will see at some point his photographs.

Scheveningen
Pentax 645Z DA 24-45

This shot is @ F10 center and corners are more equal now in sharpnes but less DOF.

D&A

>>>Dave looks like a serious (Field?) camera Estes is using. May be we will see at some point his photographs.

Scheveningen
Pentax 645Z DA 24-45

This shot is @ F10 center and corners are more equal now in sharpnes but less DOF.<<<

Hi Michiel,

I had the same thoughts regarding the type of camera Estes's used in his work, but I suppose as the years went by, he also might have also used different cameras/systems. I've yet to find any information related to this nor have seen publication of his photographs. It would be interesting though to learn more of this aspect of his work.

The/my Pentax 25mm 645 lens has noticable field curvature, so that when shooting a subject at long distances (infinity), corners and sides of an image are not nearly as sharp as the center. I wonder if subject distance plays a role in corner sharpness with the 28-45mm?

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.