The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark C

Mark,

It is nice to see the images you post as it gives me a contrasting perspective of how the local environment is different from (and similar to) ours. I always wanted to do a comparative study between the U.K. and certain areas in the US, but life has always gotten in the way. Mercifully for sure.

If I had stayed in my chosen profession much longer, with the nightmare of politics, both government and big money, I would have surely gone mad by now.

It is enough to see your images and those of others here who post to give me validation for what I am doing because I can no longer travel abroad anyway. People, places and the times... always interesting and always appreciated when the photographer is enjoying the experience of shooting, and sharing. Obviously you are enjoying the GFX!:thumbup:
Thanks Dave,

I'm definitely enjoying the GFX, I only wish I had the time to use it more especially to travel with it.

Certainly is an interesting comparison between the US and UK environments, I was just thinking the same last week when I attended an excellent talk and DPI show by a British photographer who'd travelled through some of the northern states including Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakota documenting many of the abandoned farms in those states which were originally built in the 1950s by European settlers. The photographer (Tony Worobiec) had used a Pentax 6 x 7 and the images were excellent. Several things about the comparison struck me. First of all, the wide open plains and the space broken only by the occasional barn or grain silo. Secondly, the quality of the light, especially some of the cloud formations, which were amazing. The downside of course was the likelyhood of extreme weather, especially tornadoes which have the potential to flatten any buildings. To think we worry about a few inches of snow in the UK, compared to that...well, it doesn't compare!

I can hardly travel any more either (family commitments) but at least we have all the excellent images on here from all over the world to inspire us :)

M

mjr

Morning!

Nothing creative from me I'm afraid, just some shots from the last day or two, it's International Mines Awareness Day next week so needing to supply some general working shots.

It's rapidly approaching summer, the humidity is very high and within 5 mins of getting out of the car you're soaked in sweat, not pleasant! We are clearing lots of cluster munitions and bombs here and working in fairly heavy undergrowth, a lot of contamination with UXO.

Anyway, a couple of shots, these are working areas so the 110mm is great for getting a little extra reach as I need to stay within safe working distance of the guys doing the clearance.

etrump

What?!? You were in Arkansas and didn’t come see me? Where were you?

I’m a little behind on my processing Bill. :( These were taken in April or May of last year.

Ed, was that great shot taken this year? I only ask because I was just in the Ozarks in AR and there was little sign of spring!
Bill

Michiel Schierbeek

Yesterday after a 4 hours drive with beautiful light we arrived at Le Portel to take some photographs and as soon I got out of the car everything turned grey and it started to rain cats and dogs for a few hours.The misery of a photographer.

A few hours later that same day more south in Le Crotoy.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

What?!? You were in Arkansas and didn’t come see me? Where were you?

I’m a little behind on my processing Bill. :( These were taken in April or May of last year.
I didn't know you lived in AR. We were just passing through from OK to KY. Camped near Eureka Springs and then Bull Shoals. Clearly AR needs a trip of its own!
Next time!
Bill

jng

From Victoria Peak, in the late afternoon sun

H03_28_2018_0464_466-pano.jpg

X1D | 45mm XCD | f/5.6 | 1/500 sec | ISO100 | two-image stitch

Kinya28

Hokkaido Winter 2018 #9, Biei, Japan

A bid dated image, taken during heavy snow in last February.

Kinya

Phase One XF, IQ3-100, SK40-80mm

dave.gt

Beautiful images above, as usual, to enjoy on this Easter morning...:) I continue to be humbled by the images presented here not occasionally but continually!

:thumbup:

...Wait a minute! This is a special day... Easter! Spring! Color! Pastels and primary colors abound, so where are they?:):):)

Today we will be alone and it is just as well, I suppose, since our grandchildren are past the age of "cute and cuddly"... sigh... so I will have no Easter memories to share this year. I would like to see your images though!

(All I can offer is yet another Tulip interpretation but I shall refrain...):thumbs:

dave.gt

Mark, those are beautiful. They are slightly different than our Daffodils and Jonquils. If there was ever a flower that ushered in Spring, these are the ones!

I actually love the arrangement and the pattern behind it.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Mark C

Mark, those are beautiful. They are slightly different than our Daffodils and Jonquils. If there was ever a flower that ushered in Spring, these are the ones!

I actually like the arrangement and the fence pattern behind it.:thumbup:
Thanks Dave, seems we've waited a long time for Spring this year, Winter just wont let go. The pattern behind the flowers is the leaded glass in one of my kitchen windows where the flowers are on the sill. My wife arranged them, I'm no good at that sort of thing!

jng

The daffodils and tulips in our garden peaked last week, so here's an image of some cut daffodils that I made almost exactly one year ago:

Cut daffodils.jpg

250 SA + 55mm extension | IQ160

John

Quentin_Bargate

Just back from a sunny but chilly Venice for my wife's birthday. Took a huge number of shots on the GFX50s, here are the first few, the second and third taken with the 32-64mm F/4, and the first and last taken using the Canon 24mm TS-E II using the Cambo adapter, with some shift applied (great lens if not shifted too radically on the GFX50s). The last image is an exposure fusion of 2 shots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.