The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Ed, your Horse Head Rock images are fantastic! Your preparation, planning and effort paid off. I'm humbled and inspired by your art. Thanks for sharing on this forum.

Early morning rendezvous in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park. If you look closely, you can spot (at least) two wild turkeys along the tree line.

Joe

D&A

Ed, permit me to echo what others have expressed. Your Milky Way version is exceptional and your planning obviously was a labour of love.

You mentioned in one of your posts about moving? If so, no doubt future photographic adventures await you.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

The Ute

As promised, here's the Milky Way version of Horse Head Rock

Pentax 645Z with 25mm f4 DA (pano)

[/url]PanoFromFiles_EWR5251-59_Step10FlatsRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
I don't normally post here but I do come to admire the images.
I felt compelled to comment on your captures.
Both this one as well as the other w the star trails are masterpieces IMO.
It's a privilege to have a chance to view them.
Thanks for sharing them.

The Ute

Ed, your Horse Head Rock images are fantastic! Your preparation, planning and effort paid off. I'm humbled and inspired by your art. Thanks for sharing on this forum.

Early morning rendezvous in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park. If you look closely, you can spot (at least) two wild turkeys along the tree line.

Joe
Loving what your are doing w your new camera Joe. :)

Ed Hurst

To AlanS, dave.gt, Joe Colson, D&A, TheUte (and everyone who clicked 'Like')... Thank you so much for your kind words... Am touched. And if any appreciation is due, it's to the Milky Way and the Australian landscape :)

Sometimes a picture just comes off!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tremont, cascade along the roadside. No hiking required. :)

Early morning in Cades Cove before the ground fog burned off. They're not called the Smokies for nothing.

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

Loving what your are doing w your new camera Joe. :)
Thanks Michael. Very kind of you. Likewise, I keep a close eye on your images of the American Southwest in the Sony forum. Good stuff.

Joe

gmfotografie

a handshoot from yesterday in piran with the x1d .... really impressive dynamic range...I love the small light high mp gear. some adjusments in LR - done.

this baby is really fantastic!

C9236389-746A-47BD-8A2E-DFDEEF25D12D.jpeg

Last edited:

dave.gt

One of my projects.. researching the world of analog medium format through actually working with various forms of presentation using "obsolete gear".

A look at how 4x4 film looks on a reel after developing, just part of my work flow... using a Hassy to document my work with a 1957 Baby Rolleiflex...

Image by Hasselbad 503cxi (6x6):
Film on 127 Reel-by Hassy 503cxi getdpi.jpg

Last edited:

Mark C

One of my projects.. researching the world of analog medium format through actually working with various forms of presentation using "obsolete gear".

A look at how 4x4 film looks on a reel after developing, just part of my work flow... using a Hassy to document my work with a 1957 Baby Rolleiflex...

Image by Hasselbad 503cxi (6x6):
View attachment 134111
Two excellent images there Dave (this one and the rose) I'm intruiged by this project, looking forward to seeing more.

Mark C

One of my ongoing projects is old abandoned buildings, especially when I can see them gradually fading over time. This one, near Stanhope on the Durham moors, had some of its roof intact when I last stopped by, its in a worse state now, gradually reverting to nature. GFX + GF 45mm:

Derelict by Mark, on Flickr

dave.gt

Two excellent images there Dave (this one and the rose) I'm intruiged by this project, looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks, Mark, appreciate the kind words.

Intrigued? I am, too. Over the years I was strictly a 35mm film shooter. Then, around 1998? Or thereabouts, Nikon came out with the ridiculously expensive D1, and we used it for documentary work. From there I went through more Nikon D bodies and learned a lot. But then, I was reintroduced to film with a Nikon S3 2000 and realized there was not a choice of either/or for me, I had the opportunity to shoot both with a tendency to shoot Leica and old Nikons enough to enjoy the experience.

In the last couple of years, I jumped into medium Format with trading some gear for a well used Hasselblad 503cxi and I am just now getting comfortable with it due to commitments to doing the pro bono studio work last year, entirely with the Studio's H5. I am beginning to see how different, yet complimentary the two Hasselblads are...

Recently I swapped some gear and wound up with a Baby Rolleiflex, 127 format. Why? Because it was so cool, and had a "feel" that was second nature along with a quality build. The negatives are halfway in between 35mm and 220 film. My last several rolls have worked out very well and confirms my plans to use the BR for portraits, landscapes, and in situations where silence is required. The look of the image, from 35mm, 120 and 127 film, is so different from the H5, that I am looking for specific projects for each format individually, or projects that are Hybrid, using two or more formats. So, I am shooting as much film lately as possible because it will take a minute to really understand how to do what I have in mind. I love pushing the envelope!

Stay tuned, everyday, I learn more. :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.