The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonf

Hello Joe,

I always look forward to your inspiring images. I must say that these two are "Masterpieces"!
One of my painter friends used to refer to these as "Rembrandts".

Best,
Mike

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tremont, cascade along the roadside. No hiking required. :)

Early morning in Cades Cove before the ground fog burned off. They're not called the Smokies for nothing.

Joe

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Pasque Flower, Tobermory, Ontario. XF/100/SK35BR

This is a crop of just the centre of a much wider image, taken about as close as the 35mm will focus. The quality on my screen is almost that of a macro lens.

M

mjr

Morning

Out in the jungle yesterday, amazing the humidity, wet through within minutes and the sound of the cicada's was deafening! Anyway, walked in to a nice waterfall, just a quick edit as hate this laptop for colour work.

etrump

On our way to New Zealand we had a layover in LA which gave me a perfect chance to try my hand at the Manhattan Beach Pier which is very near LAX.

XF/3100/28 LS

4 minute exposure:
582A38E2-4389-4A63-B5B4-D60D1752EF88.jpg

Straight Shot:
4C9EDF68-56F0-4A1B-AF25-3FD98B3C243A.jpg

Mark C

As I stood looking at this scene yesterday, no one else for miles around, the words to the song Wichita lineman by Glen Campbell came to mind. Recorded back in 1968, makes me feel old!

Skylines by Mark, on Flickr

dave.gt

As I stood looking at this scene yesterday, no one else for miles around, the words to the song Wichita lineman by Glen Campbell came to mind. Recorded back in 1968, makes me feel old!

Skylines by Mark, on Flickr
Mark,

Nicely put... image and thoughts.:)
With a nod to First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt, no one can make you "feel old" (my words) without your consent!:):):)

dave.gt

On our way to New Zealand we had a layover in LA which gave me a perfect chance to try my hand at the Manhattan Beach Pier which is very near LAX.

XF/3100/28 LS

4 minute exposure:
View attachment 134125

Straight Shot:
View attachment 134126
Beautiful!!! Was that with a 10 or 15 stop ND filter? Or just plain ol' magic?:):):)

It is amazing to think of something that beautiful so close to an environmental nightmare like a huge urban area...

etrump

Trusty 10 stop no polarizer.

New Lens for me and the filter holder is an effective contraption. :). I liked the vignette of the stopper so I left it.

Beautiful!!! Was that with a 10 or 15 stop ND filter? Or just plain ol' magic?:):):)

It is amazing to think of something that beautiful so close to an environmental nightmare like a huge urban area...

pegelli

Very nice Ed, I like the "straight shot" best, first because of the slightly wider view at the top and to my taste (very personal of-course) silky surfaces have been done a bit too much. Maybe only clone or crop out the dark bit sticking just in at the right top.

D

Deleted member 7792

Mike, Ed and all those who've liked my photos from the Smokies this spring, thank you so much. Your very kind comments and the exceptional photography in this thread have kept me inspired and "in the game".

I visit this spot on each trip to the Smokies trying to capture something new each time. On this occasion, the dogwoods were in bloom, which you can see in the upper left corner (if you squint and cock your head to one side while pulling your ear lobe :)). This was taken in the Tremont area of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on an unusually still day for this 10 sec. exposure. And yes, I should have composed the shot to include all of the large rock in the foreground. Next time I'll get it right. :banghead: :facesmack:

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

And my last one of the day (and week) is an image of my favorite tree in the Smokies. This is a tree in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, that I photograph each time I'm in the park. It's an easy shot along the Loop Road and conditions in early morning are often very special, like the receding fog and low clouds in this shot, taken about an hour after sunrise.

Joe

Grayhand

Ray, Another superb image!

It is really nice to see than the infamous Hasselblad Zeiss Biogon 38mm SWC is still an amazing lens! Another classic that is difficult to equal, even in our "digital age".

Best,
Mike
Thanks Mike, and Dave!

It is a special camera!

This winter I realised that this camera and back cost me about the same sum as a X1D and a lens or two would have.
And my feeling is that I got the better deal.
That is mostly because I also shoot film with this camera + that I can use the back on a couple others of my cameras without any problem.

One friend tried to point out that I could use more lenses on the X1D.

Why would I ever need another lens on this camera? :bugeyes:

Ray

dave.gt

Thanks Mike, and Dave!

It is a special camera!

This winter I realised that this camera and back cost me about the same sum as a X1D and a lens or two would have.
And my feeling is that I got the better deal.
That is mostly because I also shoot film with this camera + that I can use the back on a couple others of my cameras without any problem.

One friend tried to point out that I could use more lenses on the X1D.

Why would I ever need another lens on this camera? :bugeyes:

Ray

Hahaha! That is too funny!:):):)

You make it look all too easy!

dave.gt

Mother's Day.

Family, brunch and good times. And we celebrated upon our return home with a

White Hybrid Tea Rose from the rose garden.
White Rose.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.