The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

I visit this spot on each trip to the Smokies trying to capture something new each time. On this occasion, the dogwoods were in bloom, which you can see in the upper left corner (if you squint and cock your head to one side while pulling your ear lobe :)). This was taken in the Tremont area of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on an unusually still day for this 10 sec. exposure. And yes, I should have composed the shot to include all of the large rock in the foreground. Next time I'll get it right. :banghead: :facesmack:

Joe
That's rather special, Joe. Love it!

Ed

Ed Hurst

One of my projects.. researching the world of analog medium format through actually working with various forms of presentation using "obsolete gear".

A look at how 4x4 film looks on a reel after developing, just part of my work flow... using a Hassy to document my work with a 1957 Baby Rolleiflex...

Image by Hasselbad 503cxi (6x6)
Love it, Dave!

M

mjr

Another quick shot from the jungle, quite spectacular views from the top of this waterfall, warning signs and ropes for a reason!

D&A

Bill, I have very fond memories of Algonquin. Used to try to get up there once a year in summer/fall for Kayaking and photography. Lovely! I believe Michael Reichman of Lulu used to make an annual late Autumn pilgrimage there each year. Would love to be there with snowfall.

Dave (D&A)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill, I have very fond memories of Algonquin. Used to try to get up there once a year in summer/fall for Kayaking and photography. Lovely! I believe Michael Reichman of Lulu used to make an annual late Autumn pilgrimage there each year. Would love to be there with snowfall.

Dave (D&A)
Yes, it's a great spot, Dave. When I lived in Montreal we'd often spend weekends camping there. More recently I've taken the family for a long weekend at Arowhon Pines - highly recommended.

I also went there several times with Michael during early spring to photograph moose. (They like to get close to the shoulders of the road because of the salt left from winter snow clearing.) I still travel through the park any time I'm going Ottawa, despite it being a longer trip.

stevenfr

Hi Joe

Thanks for the feedback on the balancing rock image. It is from Joshua Tree NP. I didn't want the rocks to look to hyped in this image. I liked the natural look to the scene and let the composition stand forward since it is what makes this image interesting and not so much about colour. I am pleased you like it.

Email me if you want the exact location for the tripod holes.

It was a bit of a challenge to get the depth of field to work on this image and getting the camera in the right spot to make the image work.

Steven

Wow! Where is that? Great composition, colors/tones, simplicity. I love it! I'd print it really large and hang it prominently. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

beano_z

Here's one from two weeks ago, the ol' tunnel view just after some rain, can't really describe that feeling when you first roll up to the viewing platform and see this for the first time in your life...definitely a place to remember and to visit again!

This was a 4 minute exposure on the XF with BR 80mm lens and 'old' 100MP back, through Haida 3-stop GND and 10-stop ND filters, with minimal post processing (RAW conversion in C1, then B&W conversion in PS).

CF009428 Yosemite - 30-Apr-2018 to 04-May-2018

by BB, on Flickr

D&A

Yes, it's a great spot, Dave. When I lived in Montreal we'd often spend weekends camping there. More recently I've taken the family for a long weekend at Arowhon Pines - highly recommended.

I also went there several times with Michael during early spring to photograph moose. (They like to get close to the shoulders of the road because of the salt left from winter snow clearing.) I still travel through the park any time I'm going Ottawa, despite it being a longer trip.
Thanks ever so much for the info Bill! I will definitely look into Arowhon Pines...as I am inching to find time for a road trip...especially up north. Interesting story about the moose in early spring. I recall one year when up there in early Autumn and it was the rutting season, while kayaking, I recall seeing some milling around in the water. Something I have never seen! For myself, the abundance of wildlife combined with the natural beauty of the park, made it a special place to visit.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.