The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

I found this image after looking at my shoot from last autumn. I am always surprised that I can find some images that I feel are interesting after some time has passed.

D

Deleted member 7792

I found this image after looking at my shoot from last autumn. I am always surprised that I can find some images that I feel are interesting after some time has passed.
Steven, that's one of the most pristine stands of birch trees I've ever seen. Well captured. Now go back and find more surprises like that one. :thumbup:

Joe

stevenfr

Thanks Joe, not so easy to find a spots like this one. I have been shooting these forests for 13 years. A lot of the nicer stands of aspens have been dying in the last 7 years or so. The trees are older when they have some size to them and the weather has been warmer and drought have hurt the aspen forests. Its called Sudden Aspen Decline (SAD). I have numerous images that I have taken over the years that are now gone due to the trees dying off.

Steven, that's one of the most pristine stands of birch trees I've ever seen. Well captured. Now go back and find more surprises like that one. :thumbup:

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

Thanks Joe, not so easy to find a spots like this one. I have been shooting these forests for 13 years. A lot of the nicer stands of aspens have been dying in the last 7 years or so. The trees are older when they have some size to them and the weather has been warmer and drought have hurt the aspen forests. Its called Sudden Aspen Decline (SAD). I have numerous images that I have taken over the years that are now gone due to the trees dying off.
Steven, my mistake in naming them "birch" instead of "aspen". I should have known better. The decline of these forest treasures is very troubling indeed. Your images definitely show how magnificent they are and your documentation of these scenes is commendable. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

dave.gt

We are so thankful for the rain we have received after a long two months. It changes everything.

This is the last of my current Roses project. I am anxious to get on the road and out of our little cottage. Thought I would share one more to celebrate:

Mr. Lincoln Hybrid Tea Rose:
Mr. Lincoln Raindrops 1 FINAL.jpg

Last edited:

ejpeiker

A new photo from a couple of days ago at Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada. This is taken just as the sun rises above a ridge to the east lighting just the Fire Wave formation...

P1 XF-IQ3100, 35mm BR, ISO 50, f/10, 1/8s

NV_ValleyOfFire07.jpg

D

Deleted member 7792

Two lanes in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, at sunrise on a foggy morning.

Hyatt Lane:

Sparks Lane:

Joe

dave.gt

Amazing detail.......Focus stacking???

Neil
Thanks, Neil,

No focus stacking although I thought about it. Sometimes I get lucky hitting the sweet spot of the 80mm lens. I have been working on that... as well as the lighting. Handheld is always a learned art it seems!

One day, maybe I will have a proper 120, but happy so far.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.