The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave.gt

Great work, Dave! Love it!:):):)

You are going to have to mark some good locations for me to stop if/when we eventually get back to the Smokies. It is impossible for me to plan or simply scout a site location considering our complicated situation.

Access and logistics also complicate matters.

It is so nice to see your images, I really miss the mountains.

D&A

Great work, Dave! Love it!:):):)

You are going to have to mark some good locations for me to stop if/when we eventually get back to the Smokies. It is impossible for me to plan or simply scout a site location considering our complicated situation.

Access and logistics also complicate matters.

It is so nice to see your images, I really miss the mountains.
Dave, your words are always most kind and most appreciated, thank you. I definitely understand your situation and would help in any way I could suggesting locations, but I am definitely not the knowledgeable one in this regard. I too was greatly and kindly assisted when it came to the Great Smokies Nat'l park. LOL...put me 1/4 mile along a hiking trail, and without a GPS, I'd be lost for weeks! I think the story of Hansel & Gretel and their use of "breadcrumbs" was actually based on my means of navigation when walking in the woods. Trial & error is my motto! :)

Dave your recently posted flower images have been lovely and can just imagine how wonderfully you'd capture the varied often spectacular scenes of this treasured park. I do hope when possible, you'll be able to get back there soon. Thanks again.

Dave (D&A)

*** P.S. I should add that where I grew up, we had "trail markers" such as "West 57th St.", "Broadway" & the " Holland Tunnel" (not to be confused with Tunnel View....LOL). This was accompanied by brightly lit green signage and arrows. I have yet to find such "trail indicators" while exploring the interior of the Great Smokies!:ROTFL:

Last edited:

dave.gt

Dave, your words are always most kind and most appreciated, thank you. I definitely understand your situation and would help in any way I could suggesting locations, but I am definitely not the knowledgeable one in this regard. I too was greatly and kindly assisted when it came to the Great Smokies Nat'l park. LOL...put me 1/4 mile along a hiking trail, and without a GPS, I'd be lost for weeks! I think the story of Hansel & Gretel and their use of "breadcrumbs" was actually based on my means of navigation when walking in the woods. Trial & error is my motto! :)

Dave your recently posted flower images have been lovely and can just imagine how wonderfully you'd capture the varied often spectacular scenes of this treasured park. I do hope when possible, you'll be able to get back there soon. Thanks again.

Dave (D&A)
Thanks for your kind words. :)

Trial and error. I wish I could attain that level of sophistication, mine always seems to be the breadcrumb-less venture.:)

Lately, I have been pushing the boundaries more so than previously just to see what I can learn. All error! But then I change the rules to fit the situation. I am finding it to be fun if a bit inordinate!!!:)

One thing I am still struggling with: Dante! I am having trouble going back to formats less than MF. It is a miserable situation that I need to reconcile.:)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Trial and error. I wish I could attain that level of sophistication, mine always seems to be the breadcrumb-less venture.:)

Lately, I have been pushing the boundaries more so than previously just to see what I can learn. All error! But then I change the rules to fit the situation. I am finding it to be fun if a bit inordinate!!!:)

One thing I am still struggling with: Dante! I am having trouble going back to formats less than MF. It is a miserable situation that I need to reconcile.:)
Reconcile? Why? Once Dante's got you, it's all pointless. You have been assimilated! Enjoy it!
Warmest regards,
Bill

Shashin

So, where can you find a natural landscape in Tokyo? This is Kasai Rinkai Park, an artificial island built to preserve the natural habitat of the bay area.

The loudspeakers are to warn people of approaching tsunamis. The bridge in the background connects Tokyo with Tokyo Disneyland, which is in Chiba (but that sounds better than Chiba Disneyland [if you had a choice between New York Disneyland and New Jersey Disneyland, which would you take?]).

(Plus 6-stops of ND.)

M

mjr

Afternoon

Not sure I can get this right, the jungle in Vietnam is just chaos, hard to pick out an individual tree amongst the massive amount of green! I think I shot a few hundred pictures, close up, out wide, can't seem to get what I want, resorted to the 110 from the other side of this valley early one morning. Tried half a dozen black and white conversions of this but it becomes a little too abstract so leaning towards colour.

Edit, added a different shot with a black and white, just because I felt like it!

Last edited by a moderator:

ejpeiker

Another shot from last week's visit to Valley of Fire in Nevada. This is a 4 frame focus stack just after sunrise...
P1 XF-IQ3100, 40-80mm @ 40mm, ISO 50, f/11, 1/15s

NV_ValleyOfFire26.jpg

M

mjr

Morning

Back home in Sweden now and have returned to a nice Spring landscape, the river in full flow and the Birch trees coming in to leaf, nice.

dave.gt

Welcome home, Mat,

Nice image to celebrate! It never occurred to me before, but the images shared by everyone on this forum are becoming like comfort food and good company. :)

dave.gt

Jean-luc,

Nicely done, feathers are always curious motifs and much appreciated as they make me think.

Your Flickr images have a lot of striking color! I love that and you are having fun while sharing beautiful images with us. I love that, too! Welcome to our little window on the world, it is nice to look out of yours.:):):)

Last edited:

jelucoq

Thank you, Dave for your kind words...its a long time since i came here to see all your amazing pictures showing me how long is the road ...and it's a good thing!!i'm very often blown away by the quality of your work, giving me so much inspiration!!

ejpeiker

Haw Creek Falls, Arkansas, US. Taken with a Arca rm3di and Rodenstock 40mm. 3 part stitch. IQ260.

Paul Caldwell
So that's what they look like when there's water. I was there in fall a couple of years ago and while the leaves were pretty, the falls were completely dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.