The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning!

Another quick shot from my wanderings yesterday morning, the Spring flood is looking good.

Paul2660

So that's what they look like when there's water. I was there in fall a couple of years ago and while the leaves were pretty, the falls were completely dry.
Hi EJ,

Next time you are in Arkansas, give me call, 501-240-1477, always looking for someone to go shoot with.

Yes, Haw Creek in the fall with water, pretty rare, I believe in 15 years of trying I only have a couple of trips where I had anything running. But last fall, with the GFX captured some wonderful reflection shots in the pools below the falls.

Paul

Shashin

Except for Tokyo Bay itself, everything in this image is artificial. The inland in the foreground is a fortification built several kilometers into the bay in 1853 in response to the attempt of the US under Commodore Perry to open Japan. The island beyond it was built after WWII.

etrump

Enjoy a few days photography in Manhattan. My trip was cut short but I will definitely return.

All XF/IQ3100 quick laptop edits:

CF044703.jpg

CF044697.jpg

CF044680.jpg

NewYorkCity.jpg

manhattan.jpg

centralparkdrama.jpg

centralpark.jpg

fountainpano.jpg

CF043653.jpg

D&A

Ed, to simply say "outstanding" regarding these NYC (Manhattan) pics would be quite an understatement. Spent my entire youth there, often photographing the sights and sounds of the city, but seeing a fresh approach with some uniquely and beautifully captured images, is truly a pleasure. Thanks for sharing them.

Dave (D&A)

etrump

Thank you Dave, I think I fell in love this past weekend. Totally enjoyed everything except maybe the traffic. :ROTFL:

Ed

Ed, to simply say "outstanding" regarding these NYC (Manhattan) pics would be quite an understatement. Spent my entire youth there, often photographing the sights and sounds of the city, but seeing a fresh approach with some uniquely and beautifully captured images, is truly a pleasure. Thanks for sharing them.

Dave (D&A)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Fabulous, Ed! Wonderful to see my stomping ground through your eyes and camera. Bethesda Fountain through the underpass is breathtaking!

--Matt

etrump

Thanks Matt,

I actually thought about contacting you but after the inlaws left I had a family emergency and had to leave.

Ed

Fabulous, Ed! Wonderful to see my stomping ground through your eyes and camera. Bethesda Fountain through the underpass is breathtaking!

--Matt

Jeffrey

Ed:

You've captured looks of NYC that are most uncommon, and as a result are refreshing looks. Fantastic work, and the clarity you've achieved is stunning. Congratulations!

nikonf

Ed,

These are ALL absolutely wonderful!!! I have been shooting the Brooklyn Bridge since 1986.
Which lens did you use for the shot of the bridge? I used to shoot 4x5 Fuji Velvia down there with a 115mm f6.8 Rodenstock Grandagon and a 150mm f5.6 Sironar-S and 210mm f5.6 Sironar.
When I was photographing at night, the police would drive down to where I was shooting my 8 minute time exposures and tell me how dangerous it was to be down there by myself. They were nice and always waited until I finished.
I hope it is a safer area now.
I just couldn't bring myself to go down there after 9/11. Perhaps it is time to go back.

Best,
Mike

etrump

Thank you so much Jeffery, that means a lot coming from you.

Ed:

You've captured looks of NYC that are most uncommon, and as a result are refreshing looks. Fantastic work, and the clarity you've achieved is stunning. Congratulations!

etrump

Thank you Mike, it is obviously a different place today. My wife and I felt quite safe with all the tourist, bikers, runners and fisherman in the area. I used the 28LS on the XF and IQ3 back. I shot it with the 3100 but prefer the achromatic shot which I’ll post in the B&W thread.

I think now would be a great time for a revisit.

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

These are ALL absolutely wonderful!!! I have been shooting the Brooklyn Bridge since 1986.
Which lens did you use for the shot of the bridge? I used to shoot 4x5 Fuji Velvia down there with a 115mm f6.8 Rodenstock Grandagon and a 150mm f5.6 Sironar-S and 210mm f5.6 Sironar.
When I was photographing at night, the police would drive down to where I was shooting my 8 minute time exposures and tell me how dangerous it was to be down there by myself. They were nice and always waited until I finished.
I hope it is a safer area now.
I just couldn't bring myself to go down there after 9/11. Perhaps it is time to go back.

Best,
Mike

Shashin

Shinobazu pond in Ueno Park Tokyo. It is what is left of the marsh that much of the city filled from the 17th century onwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.