The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj may

Another view in the Lauterbrunnen Valley, Switzerland. The colors are real; it is called cloud iridescence.
L1002510-Pano-Lowres.jpg
Leica S 006, APO-Elmar-S 180

M

mjr

Morning

A bit of wandering about yesterday, too windy for anything serious and I really struggle with clear blue skies so just for fun.

And I picked up a 23mm yesterday for the GFX so had a quick walk in the forest, will test properly over the coming weeks.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Couple of nights ago - from my living room window. XF/100/SK55mm.

Lovely, Bill.

One question: was the yellow band actually yellow? Every digital sensor I've used has failed badly with the coral pinks and reds of sunset. The red channel quickly saturates, and the pixels turns yellow. A sensor that addressed this issue would be a stronger case for upgrading than MP or even general DR.

Thanks,

Matt

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Lovely, Bill.

One question: was the yellow band actually yellow? Every digital sensor I've used has failed badly with the coral pinks and reds of sunset. The red channel quickly saturates, and the pixels turns yellow. A sensor that addressed this issue would be a stronger case for upgrading than MP or even general DR.

Thanks,

Matt
Hi Matt, I wouldn't swear the colours are accurate but there was a lot of golden yellow. I find that sometimes moving the Highlight slider in C1 all the way to the right desaturates the reds to the point of looking natural.

ejpeiker

Lovely, Bill.

Thanks,

Matt
I wonder if that is a situation where the Trichromatic version of the 101mp back would be better. It would be an interesting side by side test!

M

mjr

Afternoon

Been messing about on a harsh bright day with the 23mm, it's sooo wide! Also been playing with the focus stacking with the gfx, I have used it a lot for work images as normally inside, but this was the first time outside. Wasn't expecting much as really windy but it actually worked out pretty good! This is 8 shots at f8 with the 23.

Here's an example of a work image, perfect for this sort of thing as nothing moves, with the 45mm, a lens I really like.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Since the S(007) has live view, I'm giving the long Contax glass another shot. The 210/4 is almost free and the 1.4x extender is not much more, so for <$600, I have a 294/5.6 with full electronic communication - even AF. :bugeyes:

First an iPhone shot. The buildings visible to the right of the central tree are the target:

Here's 8 seconds @ f/5.6 with the Contax combo:

A nice misty night!

Best,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.