The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Welp it's actually a trick question (my specialty!)... :p
Graham & Ken? If I guessed correctly, to whom do I PM my mailing address to for the GFX body and full complement of lenses?:).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Grayhand

903SWC, CFV50C

This one is just a turn of 120 degrees away from the previous one.
A place overflowing with possibilities! (pun intended)

Ray

stevenfr

The famous New Zealand tree. I have been to NZ four times over a 12 year period. The first two times I saw no one at the tree. The last time I went there were 100 people. One guy was climbing on the tree. Most iconic locations have experienced the same popularity with photographers chasing the trophy shots. 25 years ago I photographed the Wave, slot canyons and Mesa Arch, Delicate arch and other now iconic locations on the SW and saw no one. Now most of these spots are crazy busy.

I now try and shoot mostly intimate forest scenes that I find. I do get suckered into shooting these spots either for a workshop or my wife wants to go. Sorry for the rant.

tcdeveau

The famous New Zealand tree. I have been to NZ four times over a 12 year period. The first two times I saw no one at the tree. The last time I went there were 100 people. One guy was climbing on the tree. Most iconic locations have experienced the same popularity with photographers chasing the trophy shots. 25 years ago I photographed the Wave, slot canyons and Mesa Arch, Delicate arch and other now iconic locations on the SW and saw no one. Now most of these spots are crazy busy.

I now try and shoot mostly intimate forest scenes that I find. I do get suckered into shooting these spots either for a workshop or my wife wants to go. Sorry for the rant.
It certainly is an issue with a lot of places now that everyone has an Instagram account, a camera in their pocket (phone), and a dslr. The first time I went to Iceland back in 2013 we were able to drive right up to the plane wreck (the property owner pulled over and told us where to find it) and there were only two other ppl there. Now tour buses stop there, and when I went in 2017, some places were so busy with tour buses I didn’t even want to shoot. I have 2-3 more postcard spots I haven’t been I want to go (such as Yosemite and Tunnel View), but now adays I try to do my own thing as you do. Although I like many of my postcard shots, I also realized my portfolio doesn’t stand out if it is comprised of the same pictures everyone else has.

Here are some more interior test shots with the 21mm XCD. I’ve been having a lot of fun with this lens this weekend. These are F4 and ISO 3200 handheld, pulled SOOC from phocus mobile:
B3DE3201-2BC1-40E5-9FB6-5447EC24572D.jpeg

E3779CDB-CD94-477D-B81D-041445FD375E.jpeg

dave.gt

It certainly is an issue with a lot of places now that everyone has an Instagram account, a camera in their pocket (phone), and a dslr. The first time I went to Iceland back in 2013 we were able to drive right up to the plane wreck (the property owner pulled over and told us where to find it) and there were only two other ppl there. Now tour buses stop there, and when I went in 2017, some places were so busy with tour buses I didn’t even want to shoot. I have 2-3 more postcard spots I haven’t been I want to go (such as Yosemite and Tunnel View), but now adays I try to do my own thing as you do. Although I like many of my postcard shots, I also realized my portfolio doesn’t stand out if it is comprised of the same pictures everyone else has.

Here are some more interior test shots with the 21mm XCD. I’ve been having a lot of fun with this lens this weekend. These are F4 and ISO 3200 handheld, pulled SOOC from phocus mobile:
View attachment 134593

View attachment 134594
Wow! These are exquisite! Todd, you have done an amazing job with that new lens!!:thumbs:

biglouis

One of the frustrations of urban landscape photography are streets choking with cars. However, every now and then you get one car which makes a difference...
GFX+32-64

M

mjr

Evening!

Long day of walking, trying to shed my Vietnam weight! Quick shot from the top of the hill above my house, too knackered to do a good job of it, dull light too, anyway just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.